Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
5. A gentleman rises when a lady enters or leaves the room.

While at dinner with 5 gentlemen recently... I noticed only 2 followed that rule. And it was much appreciated, gentlemen.

This reason and this reason alone was why I started to date my ex-boyfriend. All the other broads would look at him with the, "What are you doing?" look or the "Knock it off." face. I just smiled and asked him out.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
This is me, as of yesterday afternoon ...

Mybestpanama006.jpg

The stamp-sized version is at the upper left. :)

Rooster

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
A "gentleman tactician" will argue this one, as his place is between the lady and any possible "approach vector" to a threat. While I might favor the curb side as "default", if it's evening and there's a deeply sunk-in doorway or an alley or somewhere a potential goblin can hide, I'm putting myself in position to run interference.

See above. (I usually prefer about a step behind for a slight "rear-guard" effect, but if I think there might be trouble ahead, I'm not sending her out on point--better that I check things out myself, in case there really is something ugly up ahead.

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought that when a gentleman accompanies a lady, protecting her is his first responsibility, and all else comes after that.
Life is not an excursion into a war zone. If you're that worried about saftey, I suggest walking in less dangerous neighborhoods.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Life is not an excursion into a war zone. If you're that worried about saftey, I suggest walking in less dangerous neighborhoods.
lol lol lol lol lol

Rooster, I nearly lost my coffee! Cracked me up. Thanks! Carter

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
Nice, metropd. I like pinstripe suits but I look like a dork in one, probably because of my height. That's a nice wardrobe behind you too.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:
Don't be shy!! Post more from this photo set!! Looking good!! I love your ties, by the way.

Now how could I refuse the lovely Miss Haze? :)

These were for my profile at an art show here in town that my photography was exhibited in. They were taken in Heritage Park in downtown Fort Worth.

436730140_88358326c5_o.jpg

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
The Colors of Chivalry.*

carter said:
Here's some information regarding Chivalry today. :)

Chivalry is Not Dead, It Just Needs a Resurrection (10 Quick Rules for Men)

1. When passing through a door, the gentleman holds it open for the lady, even though he never saw her before. He never passes through the door first.
2. A gentleman removes his hat (yes, including baseball caps) when entering a room where there are ladies. (Addendum: ". . . or when a lady enters any room he currently occupies."***
3. Gentlemen should open a car door for a lady and wait to close it after she gets in.****
4. When sitting down to a meal, the gentleman should always leave his cell phone or other electronic device hidden away and turned off. (This one applies for ladies too)
5. A gentleman rises when a lady enters or leaves the room.
6. When walking down the street, a gentleman walks nearest the curb.
7. Gentleman will offer his hand when a lady is descending from a step, van, car, high doorway, etc.

8. A gentleman will offer to assist in lifting items, carrying bags and moving boxes.
9. Gentlemen never walk in front of a lady -- always beside them.
10. A gentleman holds out a folded arm for a lady when walking down stairs, on the street, etc. If she declines his arm, that is up to her.

To any ladies who feel that a man's being chivalrous is about showing dominance (which disincludes the lovely ladies of the Fedora Lounge, of course :)), it's not . . . it's about courtesy . . . it's about respect . . . and it's about her safety.

*Warning: The colors of chivalry** have been known to trade places without prior notification, and the color of affection - which has not yet been identified - has been known to permeate every rule listed herein.
**See above warning.
*** If the gentlemen in question isn't there when she enters, she may remove her own hat if she pleases.
****Actually, he shall open the car door. Asking her to enter by way of the "Dukes Of Hazard" method is considered ungemtlemanly, especially if the lady is in a dress.

Lee

"There are various forms of the disease, the victim of which is unable to say 'No.' Some of these forms are more serious than others, and often lead to electrocution or marriage." - Robert Benchley

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Because yesterday...

...I was just saying that you should never wear Tattersall under a bold patterned jacket and because you always have to be careful about mixing three different patterns, I decided to do exactly that. :eusa_doh:

Hypocrisy or irony? You decide. ;)

That's me at the end of a long day and needing a hair cut. :)

panamag8or

Practically Family
Hemingway Jones said:
...I was just saying that you should never wear Tattersall under a bold patterned jacket and because you always have to be careful about mixing three different patterns, I decided to do exactly that. :eusa_doh:

Hypocrisy or irony? You decide. ;)

That's me at the end of a long day and needing a hair cut. :)

Ghastly! You should be banned at once!

lol

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Everything works, Hemingway, the patterns in the jacket, shirt and tie all blend together nicely.....Very sharp!! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe