Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

Mike K.

One Too Many
Gaige said:
Gentlemen, there are plenty of pictures around here which put my humble submissions to shame!
I find myself in awe of the gents here; their suits, hats, sense of style, looks, mannerisms... all of it. I can only hope to match it one day.
The kind words from everyone flatter me... but I feel I have a long way to go, yet. :)
Aw, just suck it up Gaige...and enjoy all the attention (while the rest of us sit back and wish the women were swooning over us instead).lol lol

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
IMG_8971-vi.jpg

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
ohairas said:
Atomic that is a super tie you have on in your avatar! You look great!
Nikki

Thank you! The tie is a vintage '30s number - it's a cream, white, blue, and orange combo and easily gets the most comments of all my vintage ties. It appears in color here:

vintageties2.jpg

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Don't be shy!! Post more from this photo set!! Looking good!! I love your ties, by the way.

Atomic Glee said:
Here's another photo from that avatar series, one of the photos of myself that I'm slightly less shy about posting:

436735051_337269a7eb_o.jpg

pretty faythe

One Too Many
awwww...how sweet!
I wanna go on a cruise!
And you went were I want to go!
Meanie!

patterson said:
Finally a pic in "vintage"... I'm wearing my newly aqcuired Magnoli "Casablanca" dinner jacket on the dance floor with my daughter on an Alaskan cruise from which we just returned...

IMG_0480.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Patterson, That is a really good looking dinner jacket. It's nice to see someone wearing something from Indy.
My daughter and I went to a formal dance supporting the Girl Scouts this spring. I think this is a great way to spend time with our daughters. It's always nice to see a pretty girl dancing with her Dad. :) Carter

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Atomic, great pic of you and your tie collection!

Patterson, wonderful pic. I bet you two were the talk of the dance floor!

:eek:fftopic:
My brother just got married a few months ago. The father of the bride refused to dance the father/daughter dance. He'd rather stand outside and smoke. I thought it was just horrible. I felt so bad for her. Plus, everyone was "waiting"... my dad said he would dance with her but we thought that might stir a fight, so we just moved on to the bridal party dance.
How could you NOT want to dance with your daughter on the most special day of her life, and how beautiful she looked. :(
Nikki

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Well....

All men can't be as gentlemanly and swell as the men are here, eh?

Yeah. Not dancing with your daughter on her wedding day is pretty stinky.

carter

I'll Lock Up
My brother just got married a few months ago. The father of the bride refused to dance the father/daughter dance.

This is so sad. Especially when I recall Jerry Springer on 'Dancing With the Stars' (a guilty pleasure) in 2006 and saying he was doing this so he would be able to dance well with his daughter on her wedding day.
I hope your brother and his wife have a daughter some day and he takes every opportunity to dance with her, especially on her wedding day.

It’s a wonderful occurrence when you find someone who is strong enough to be gentle.
— Anonymous

carter

I'll Lock Up
Here's some information regarding Chivalry today.

Columnists Say Chivalry is Not Dead, It Just Needs a Resurrection (10 Quick Rules for Men)

An entire generation of men may have lost the art of chivalry. But, what do women expect in 2007? Advice Columnists Pearls of Wisdom from Three Generations offer 10 easy rules for men to follow and women to use in helping their men become more of a gentleman.

(PRWEB) August 5, 2007 -- An entire generation of men may have lost the art of chivalry. But, what do women expect in 2007? Advice Columnists Pearls of Wisdom from Three Generations offer 10 easy rules for men to follow and women to use in helping their men become more of a gentleman.

Here are some of the Pearls Chivalry Commandments to help get started:

1. When passing through a door, the gentleman holds it open for the lady, even though he never saw her before. He never passes through the door first.
2. A gentleman removes his hat (yes, including baseball caps) when entering a room where there are ladies.
3. Gentlemen should open a car door for a lady and wait to close it after she gets in.
4. When sitting down to a meal, the gentleman should always leave his cell phone or other electronic device hidden away and turned off. (This one applies for ladies too)
5. A gentleman rises when a lady enters or leaves the room.
6. When walking down the street, a gentleman walks nearest the curb.
7. Gentleman will offer his hand when a lady is descending from a step, van, car, high doorway, etc.
8. A gentleman will offer to assist in lifting items, carrying bags and moving boxes.
9. Gentlemen never walk in front of a lady -- always beside them.
10. A gentleman holds out a folded arm for a lady when walking down stairs, on the street, etc. If she declines his arm, that is up to her.
:)

6. When walking down the street, a gentleman walks nearest the curb.
A "gentleman tactician" will argue this one, as his place is between the lady and any possible "approach vector" to a threat. While I might favor the curb side as "default", if it's evening and there's a deeply sunk-in doorway or an alley or somewhere a potential goblin can hide, I'm putting myself in position to run interference.
9. Gentlemen never walk in front of a lady -- always beside them.
See above. (I usually prefer about a step behind for a slight "rear-guard" effect, but if I think there might be trouble ahead, I'm not sending her out on point--better that I check things out myself, in case there really is something ugly up ahead.

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought that when a gentleman accompanies a lady, protecting her is his first responsibility, and all else comes after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe