Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lunch, Anybody?

This post should probably go into the "Guilty Pleasure" forum but I treated myself to a Costco Hot Dog and Lemonaide today. Probably the least healthy thing I eat but once in while...damn they are good!

This post should probably go into the "Guilty Pleasure" forum but I treated myself to a Costco Hot Dog and Lemonaide today. Probably the least healthy thing I eat but once in while...damn they are good!

My much-smarter-than-I girlfriend says you can no more get healthy eating right once in awhile than you can make yourself unhealthy by eating "off the grid" once in awhile. It's what you do the other 95% of the time that counts. So enjoy your once-in-while fun.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Skipped lunch yesterday, hailed a cab downtown instead for a midday ride to the Federal Bldg on Dearborn,
and the cabbie told me he had just waved away some St Louis Cardinals fans who wanted a lift
to Wrigley Field. I told him that was arguably illegal, but he laughed it off. Cards beat the Cubs something awful,
bullpen breakdown, so karma strikes again....

Thought about Hudson Hawk today as the kids and I lunched on Vienna sausages and crackers down by the river

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Stopped by the Waffle House for lunch today. They were OUT OF CHILI!!! Seriously?? How am I supposed to eat eggs and hash browns without chili? So I had a patty melt with jalapenos instead.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Stopped by the Waffle House for lunch today. They were OUT OF CHILI!!! Seriously?? How am I supposed to eat eggs and hash browns without chili? So I had a patty melt with jalapenos instead.

Next time have them chop the patty melt, jalapenos, add tomato paste,
salt & pepper and chili powder.
Simmer and tell them to add it
to the eggs and hash browns.
Mmmmm yummy! :p

Chicken nuggets, Sprite Zero, Crunchy Cheetos, and God's Gift to Men-a review of Wonder Woman, New York Book Review:D

One joy of eating alone is having something fun to read. I eat lunch by myself most days and save a few things that I know I will enjoy reading just for lunch time. And one of those is Fedora Lounge. Many of my banal posts have been typed between bites of a sandwich.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Many of my banal posts have been typed between bites of a sandwich.

Gal Gadot sure hits the spot. ;)Today is J. Keeler Johnson's thoroughbred essay, Will Divisidero Rebound in the Arlington Million and coffee.
Considering the race tomorrow but I usually stay away from turf matches that feature Irish steeds of scant readily available past performance data.

Gal Gadot sure hits the spot. ;)Today is J. Keeler Johnson's thoroughbred essay, Will Divisidero Rebound in the Arlington Million and coffee.
Considering the race tomorrow but I usually stay away from turf matches that feature Irish steeds of scant readily available past performance data.

What I enjoyed about Gadot in the role is, yes, sure, she is a gorgeous woman (but, heck, they are a dime a dozen in Hollywood blockbusters), but that she brought verisimilitude to a role that could easily be, well, comic bookish and, IMHO, owned it in a strong but human way.

The visually defining moment of the movie for me was Gadot in no-man's land taking all the German fire on herself to allow the others to advance.

no-mans-land.gif

She showed incredible range from being a fish out of water when she first left Themyscira, thru demure yet whip-smart Diana to powerful three-dimensional superhero. I guess they don't give Oscars to these type of roles, but IMHO she should be up for one.

orf496896NH9k6aRGEg-o.jpg

And, once again I'll say it (since I have very few original thoughts, I must repeat often), metal bracelets that deflect bullets are my favorite superpower.
Wonder-Woman.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe