Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Jerekson said:
These are quite some handsome animals, everyone. Love them.

Here's my pal Daisy.

Daisy_portrait5.png

Daisy_face_1.png
Beautiful!! My Colby would like Daisy!lol lol

Miss Brill said:
I came to a decision--I'm not going to get my dog, Henry, fixed. I think it would traumatize him too much. This is a dog who took about 5 months before he'd even get in my lap. I don't think he'd forgive me, or trust me again, if I took him & let someone hurt him. :( The vet said that was fine, since he is an inside dog.
There is a "Far Side" cartoon of a dog in the back of the car talking to the neighbor dog as the owner backs out of the driveway.

The dog says, "Then they're taking me to the vet to get tutored!"

Miss Brill

One Too Many
John in Covina said:
There is a "Far Side" cartoon of a dog in the back of the car talking to the neighbor dog as the owner backs out of the driveway.

The dog says, "Then they're taking me to the vet to get tutored!"

lol I always loved The Far Side! I used to save the ones I liked, because they never fail to make me laugh.

My girl dog wouldn't look at me for days after I had her spayed. She was soooo mad at me. Before that she'd been crazy about going to the vet. [huh]

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss Brill said:
lol I always loved The Far Side! I used to save the ones I liked, because they never fail to make me laugh.

My girl dog wouldn't look at me for days after I had her spayed. She was soooo mad at me. Before that she'd been crazy about going to the vet. [huh]

Beautiful dogs!

My feral cats got over it in about three days.

VB

Neutered

Max had it done at about the age they recommended.

I wanted Max to do a little breeding! To be honest Dachshund puppies are so cute I could just about burst from the pleasure of seeing them and holding them and playing with them.

Mom however was not impressed with the idea.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I would love to have some little Henrys, but he is so wild. He is the sort of dog who wouldn't pass his personality evaluation on Animal Precinct. I think if I'd adopted him even a month later than what I did he would have been too feral & untrusting to ever come around.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
John in Covina said:
Max had it done at about the age they recommended.

I've never had attitude problems from any cat I've had spayed or neutered. (I get plenty years later. lol) Every cat I've taken in was just happy to be home again. 'Tilla was snuggling up to me the moment I let him out of the cat carrier.

Hadley, my "Awwww-That's-Cute-O-Meter" went into overload with that picture. :)

Lee

Story

I'll Lock Up
Count the kittens

Someone needed a Captain Spaulding model to storyboard an animal-rescue cartoon series idea.

BouyBay4.jpg

Sepia-toned for antique-ing effect.

Sekrit Klue - As they'd say on Sesame Street: one two three four...
FIVE

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Story said:
Someone needed a Captain Spaulding model to storyboard an animal-rescue cartoon series idea.

BouyBay4.jpg

Sepia-toned for antique-ing effect.

Sekrit Klue - As they'd say on Sesame Street: one two three four...
FIVE

The fifth one either succumbed to the forces of gravity, or that's a spare ear I see behind the fluffy left cheek of the one in your hand.

Lee

Or is the little bugger under your hat? :D

Story

I'll Lock Up
MrNewportCustom said:
The fifth one either succumbed to the forces of gravity, or that's a spare ear I see behind the fluffy left cheek of the one in your hand.

From l. to r.: 1) Kitten in right hand looking northwest, 2) kitten on right shoulder headed east, 3) kitten on head looking east and down (possibly at 5), 4) kitten on left shoulder looking northeast, 5) slightly older kitten by left bicep/elbow looking north.

There's a 1.23 long Zapruder film around somewhere, showing a sixth kitten on the grassy knoll too.
:p
2815.jpg

(Kitten in the Book Depository)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Story said:
5) slightly older kitten by left bicep/elbow looking north.

Ahh, there's the little (medium?) furmonster! The sepia tone (and apparent lack of a right ear - a photographic trick, I'm certain) made me think that kitty five was the corner of an understuffed pillow located somewhere between you and the chair. I thought his stripes were wrinkles.

Your little six kitten needs a new hobby! :eek: Or at least a more appropriate location to enjoy it. :D

Lee

Thank you for the compas-point directions. I never would have found number five on my own. lol

@sweetfrancaise: Awwwww... isn't it funny how they like to do that? My grandmother once had a 20-25-lb. black Burmese that liked to park himself right on people's torsos, so they had trouble breathing or couldn't get up--and if you tried to move him, the claws dug in...

Was a real pain-in-the-butt at times, but I still miss the little guy.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
I wanted to thank everyone for their kind messages about losing my Imp.

If all goes well in a few weeks, I should have a Boxer baby following me around the house, He's only four weeks old, so I'm counting the days until I can bring him home.

Visiting my baby:

SleepyBabyImp.jpg

BabyBoxerImp.jpg

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Absinthe_1900 said:
I wanted to thank everyone for their kind messages about losing my Imp.

If all goes well in a few weeks, I should have a Boxer baby following me around the house, He's only four weeks old, so I'm counting the days until I can bring him home.

Visiting my baby:

SleepyBabyImp.jpg

BabyBoxerImp.jpg
Oh, very nice looking pup. I hope this Boxer pup will fill the void left by the passing of your beloved Imp. Just remember one thing, this puppy isn't Imp, and it can be too easy to constantly compare this pup with Imp, for good or bad. Try not to do that so you don't set yourself up for any possible disappointments (and let's hope there are none). Best of luck with the new pup! When do you get him?

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
He comes home with me when he's eight weeks old, and will be the fourth Boxer to share my life since I was a small child.

He'll be loved and spoiled just like his predecessors :) , I just couldn't imagine not having another Boxer in the house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe