Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Absinthe, I know what a loss this is for you. I'm very sorry to hear it. He was certainly lucky to have you as a companion - the most wonderfully spoiled boxer ever.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Sorry about your loss, Absinthe_1900.

This is our Sir Rascal looking quite dapper in his Stetson fedora.

Rascalhat.jpg

We have 5 cats, 4 of them are girls (Mr. Rascal here being the only male cat).

Absinthe_1900

Absinthe_1900 said:
When I posted about Imp a few days ago, I never dreamed that I would lose him today.
My little Imp passed away suddenly on the way to the emergency vet when his heart gave out, I'm glad the last thing he knew was that I was holding him at the end.
I had snapped a photo of Imp, at one of his favorite activities not too long ago, stealing the pillows for himself.
Sleep well my Little Imp. 1997-2007
Absinthe_1900 - it is so awful when that light goes out. I was holding my lory close in the early morning hours, the was no cure for what he had. He knew he was with me, called my name quietly once or twice. Christmas is sadly nostalgic this year, I haven't even looked for his Christmas stocking of the last 12 years, he would play with the wrappings as much as the bird toy within. I have been told love like that does not die. I need to believe that.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Absinthe I'm so sorry.

We recently had a new addition join our family. This is Lady
192919798533_0_1.jpg

She's a 4 month old German Shepherd/Lab...her favorite passtime is annoying her new big brother Maverick...
DSCN2356.jpg

DSCN2362.jpg

And THIS is why Maverick's nickname is cujo...well his real nicknames are Mav, Mavvy, and Maggot but this is why my parents call him cujo.
DSCN2363.jpg

Just for the record he was going for the snake wrapped around her and not her...

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I've been dogsitting my ex's pup. Her name is Quigley Brown. What a coincidence. ;) She may look innocent, but the little bugger just stole my breakfast this morning...:rage: lol

quig1.jpg
[/IMG]

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Quigley Brown said:
I've been dogsitting my ex's pup. Her name is Quigley Brown. What a coincidence. ;) She may look innocent, but the little bugger just stole my breakfast this morning...:rage: lol

I'm reminded of an old Marine Corps saying. "Gear adrift, it's a gift".

As in, it can't be "stolen" if you left it alone and unsecured.

Don't blame the dog . :D

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Who owns a Shelty?

Now you can feel even better about your choice of pet.

http://cbs2.com/local/Mountain.Lion.sighting.2.621099.html

Dog Chases Mountain Lion Up A Tree

SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Calif. (AP) ― A mountain lion that was tranquilized after wandering into a backyard will be released back into the wild.

Authorities said the young cougar wandered into a San Juan Capistrano home Monday. Homeowner Jo Ann Merrell said she was watering her plants when she saw the animal 25 feet away from her. She said her pet Sheltie, Cody, barked and chased the mountain lion into the bushes and up a tree...

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
BeBopBaby said:
So cute! Quigley, your pictures always look so nice. What kind of camera do you use?

I use a Canon 10D which is a few years old and not 'state-of-the-art' anymore, but it does the job for me. I don't need the most expensive camera to do the job. I have a pocket Canon Elph digital that I always carry around when walking the dog or bike riding (heck, when I'm out on the town I'm carrying it). Working for newspapers I've learned to improvise for lighting, backgrounds and such. This red backdrop is just an old bedsheet thumbtacked to the wall and bouncing the flash off the wall. I have studio lighting, but rarely use it because my apartment is so small. The difficult part about taking this photo was keeping the hat from falling off. lol

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
BeBopBaby said:
This picture makes Tilla look gigantic in comparison - almost like Peanut is full-grown and Tilla is humungous. lol

Heehee! One of his nicknames is Hugo the Mungous. He is a large cat, really, but not huge by any means. There's only twelve pounds of three-and-a-half years of age feline under that thick mat (another nickname, Matt) fur, which makes him look twice as large as he really is. He's our biggest and Peanut is our smallest.

Peanut is six months old and weighs about three pounds. She was the runt, and she's still growing - ever so slowly. She was named because she's the size of a pea and she's an absolute nut when she plays - she chases and catches her own tail. lol

You should see them when they play. She'll climb all over him while he's sleeping, sometimes, and he won't even open his eyes - she drapes herself over his neck and bites his ears. But, when he is in a playful mood. . . . Well let's just say that the old "You bite me, I'll bite you" method of cat play is common, and when he returns the favor, he can fit half of her head inside his mouth. They're a lot of fun to watch.

EDIT: After posting this I found that my memory of Peanut's arrival was foggy. She's three-and-a-half months old, not six.

Lee

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Looking at dog pictures always makes me want another dog, but looking at cats does nothing. [huh]

I came to a decision--I'm not going to get my dog, Henry, fixed. I think it would traumatize him too much. This is a dog who took about 5 months before he'd even get in my lap. I don't think he'd forgive me, or trust me again, if I took him & let someone hurt him. :( The vet said that was fine, since he is an inside dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe