Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jacket sizing, too big or small?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
After looking at the photo again I’ve decided I’m much more worried about the shirt under the jacket than the jacket itself. What is going on with that shirt?!? It’s all bunched up in a weird way and don’t even get me started on the collar, does it even have a collar?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I still don't think the jacket is either too big or too small. Your fit pic was probably taken with the camera too close and too low and you had a relaxed fitting T shirt underneath, all these added up to a not the best fit pic. But since the shoulder fits I will say the jacket fits.

However, I said it before and I will say it again, for two grand you can do better. Hear my out,

John Elliot Jacket vs Schott 618 vs Vanson C2
Image1.jpg

The JE jacket seems like a smash up of the 618 and the C2, deep V neck line like the C2 and the overall fitting like the 618. The big mistake is that JE lowered the belt to where your pants belt is and the other two kept it higher at the belly button height. This lower belt makes the JE bulge out and make the slim dude look like middle age me with the muffin top. When worn open all three will be more or less the same given the shoulder fits just right. The JE also has nice Riri zipper and a fancy way to do the chest pocket, but this is 50 dollars premium at best, not 1000 dollars.
Schott has naked cowhides versions, which is the same as your JE. Quilt lining can be swapped out for less than 150 dollars, you can get a quote from both Schott repair and Arrow leather works. Vanson also has naked cowhide now they call deertan which is also the same as your JE jacket, and you can custom order the Vanson with whatever lining you want, they has some cool looking rayon and cotton linings. And for ethics, there is no ethics in business. But you can take the extra cash and donate it a charity of your choice and make a real difference. And the tax return you get on the donation receipt should cover the cotton/rayon lining cost and then some. Unless JE is your family or long time best friend, your money can go much further with other options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjgs