Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jacket sizing, too big or small?

centurionslut

New in Town
Is this jacket too large or small?

It's a size large, and it feels pretty good, but not sure about sleeve length.

At first I thought it was too big because of the sleeve hitting at just above the knuckle, but chatgpt thinks if anything, it might be too small.

1000021512.jpg

MrProper

I'll Lock Up

At first I thought it was too big because of the sleeve hitting at just above the knuckle, but chatgpt thinks if anything, it might be too small.

View attachment 644632
I would definitely not consider them too small. If anything, then one size too big.

cbez

One Too Many
we getting fashion advice from chatgpt now?

I think it's too big, look at all the chest room around the zipper pocket.

the sleeve also has a trash bag look altho some guys like that here

centurionslut

New in Town
I agree that it looks big, but fitwise its snug but not tight, i can fit a hoodie underneath and it still feels and looks good.

on the flipside, it is a $2,000 jacket and I want to make sure its the right fit for both aesthetic and comfort.

Monte

Practically Family
Hi. If that was a suit or sportcoat sleeve, it would be too long. But for overcoats or jackets you might ride in, that length looks pretty acceptable to me. My favorite coats are a little roomy rather than too small. Surely, you can tell if it fits or not. The old saying comes to mind, "the most expensive clothes are the ones you never wear."

centurionslut

New in Town
Hi. If that was a suit or sportcoat sleeve, it would be too long. But for overcoats or jackets you might ride in, that length looks pretty acceptable to me. My favorite coats are a little roomy rather than too small. Surely, you can tell if it fits or not. The old saying comes to mind, "the most expensive clothes are the ones you never wear."
It definitely fits, it's a great fit. Just aesthetically it might doesnt seem to fall on me just right. In that particular photo it looks a little puffy

I feel like for a $2k jacket it should both fit and look really good?

but it did just come right out of the box, and it was folded up. its on a hanger now, maybe it will fall a little better after getting hung a little.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
John Elliott?

Young people are wearing jackets much looser these days. And what you got there looks all right. For much less money you could get a just as nice Schott 118 which will hold its value much better than the high fashion brands, the leather will be in the same ball park, the John Elliot might have a bit neater finishing but no one is gonna notice from a foot away and it ain't worth the extra money. And when you get tired of the Perfecto look you can sell it more easily on the used market. Unless I am so old and out of date and John Elliott becomes the next super hot hype brand then I will eat my words...

centurionslut

New in Town
John Elliott?

Young people are wearing jackets much looser these days. And what you got there looks all right. For much less money you could get a just as nice Schott 118 which will hold its value much better than the high fashion brands, the leather will be in the same ball park, the John Elliot might have a bit neater finishing but no one is gonna notice from a foot away and it ain't worth the extra money. And when you get tired of the Perfecto look you can sell it more easily on the used market. Unless I am so old and out of date and John Elliott becomes the next super hot hype brand then I will eat my words...
Yes it is the John Elliott.

I've tried on a bunch of schott jackets, they seem to be actual motorcycle jackets, very thick and durable leather.

I actually am looking for more supple thinner leather, to extend the season one can wear it.

I've found those thick real motorcycle jackets unbearably hot. It was 90 degrees where I live today :/

Bennarion

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 644632
Put on jeans and button up your jacket to the end. Take a photo, then it will be clear

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
it fits fine, it doesn't look too big on the shoulder and on the neck hole, but both sleeve and body looks a bit long like seen on the distance between the chest pocket to the coin pocket and also less tapering, so maybe it's the style since the designer brand, and perhaps that's how it should fit, btw if chatGPT thinks it's too small then it must be programmed by Bruce Willis.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
it fits fine, it doesn't look too big on the shoulder and on the neck hole, but both sleeve and body looks a bit long like seen on the distance between the chest pocket to the coin pocket and also less tapering, so maybe it's the style since the designer brand, and perhaps that's how it should fit, btw if chatGPT thinks it's too small then it must be programmed by Bruce Willis.
It should be slim and cropped.
I always find it funny that fashion labels simply write ‘leather’. No specification would be no worse lol

Bildschirmfoto 2024-10-05 um 08.57.11.png

centurionslut

New in Town
It should be slim and cropped.
I always find it funny that fashion labels simply write ‘leather’. No specification would be no worse lol

View attachment 644686
I saw that photo. The jacket in the photo looks tiny on the guy in my opinion. It doesn't look comfortable at all.

I feel like the guy earlier said. The most expensive jacket is the one not getting worn.

I had a mackage leather jacket in the exact same style that was a medium and I never wore it because it was so right around the chest. Felt like being wrapped in a sausage

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry to say either it’s a size too big or the pattern just doesn’t suit your frame. Can you get your hands on the next size down to compare?

BloodEagle

Practically Family
I dont necessarily think it looks too big, the sleeves are a little long but not heinously so, and if its brand new it will hang different with time. The question I would ask is is it comfortable and does it feel good to wear - if not then there is your answer. $2000 is a heck of a lot of cheddar to drop on something that youre not 100% sure about, so think whether it will still please you and you will still want to wear it two weeks down the line when the 'new thing' thrill has worn off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centurionslut