Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

Nashoba

One Too Many
I fear I may be hijacking the thread a bit but...

Diamondback said:
You ladies enjoy hearing the sonic-booms from my jaw doing a power-dive for the floorboards, don't y'all?

lol lol lol

Benny Holiday said:
Beautiful pics Nashoba! And great to see hubby with you!
Would love to read a thread about your family history and more about the Chippewa culture.

Thanks! I'm actually Choctaw / Cherokee. But growing up the drum that I was with was Kiowa (Our drum's Elder was Kiowa and his wife Chippewa). I'm pretty well versed in all of them but many of my mannerisms and opinions come from my kiowa 'upbringing' with some Chippewa influence.

VargasBaby said:
Wouldn't be a traditional dancer if you hadn't. The dress tells a story in itself doesnt' it?

Actually many dancers don't make their own outfits. Many times it is a collaborative effort among the family of the dancer, friends often help and then there are the dancers that pay someone with a heck of a lot of skill to design and make it for them. I've been in all those catagories. I've always made my own outfits, but I have designed and made outfits for friends and family and I have been paid to design and make outfits as well.
The dress does have some stories surrounding it and I have my own politically uncorrect opinions about some of them....but I don't want to hijack the thread (worse than I already have) :)

VargasBaby said:
I have yet to see a horrible Native American Dancer. The music and movements alone can be simple poerty. Based on the pics, one can also presume that you are no different. The concentration alone speaks it.

I have lol lol. But again. Thank you. Some of that isn't concentration....some of that is pain....it was really hot, that dress is really heavy...I have asthma and dance harder than I should...and I have a special talent for finding and dancing on and over every rock in the dance arena.

SamMarlow, IMO, Spitfire: Thanks you again...*blush*

ohairas said:
I especially liked the one of you with the wolf, how beautiful you look reaching out to pet another beautiful creature. And your husband looks like quite the catch! Thanks for sharing! The dress is amazing and I can't wait to see the video.

I love that picture too! That poor darling was so skittish, she'd been so badly abused. Her growth is actually stunted because she's had to have several reconstructive surgeries on her hips. Wolfs are such misunderstood creatures...
aww thanks :) If I can ever figure out how to do it, I'll post the vid on my myspace page...

dostacos said:
I am glad your hubby is around, I had thought I read on a thread that he was deployed.
Thanks! And he was. He came home 5 Sep. I don't think he'll be home very long though. He's trying to get himself on the next rotation to go back out in early 08. If he fails to get on that, he'll volunteer to go on the rotation following and will leave again next summer. [huh]

Ok, I've posted the rest of the pictures from the powwow over on myspace...those of you who are there....www.myspace.com/devil_dog_designs I'll leave the album public for a while.

V

VargasBaby

Rooster said:
Nice outfit Nashoba. You got the biggest tin cones I've ever seen!:eusa_clap

Nashoba said:
photobucket too :)

You've got the biggest photobucket too?! Why...how modest!

*I jest, truly...note the sarcasm! ;)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Berrybuzz and I went to the Diamondbacks game on Saturday and had a great time!!! Not the best photo of me, but Berrybuzz looks good!!
0922072009b.jpg

panamag8or

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:
Berrybuzz and I went to the Diamondbacks game on Saturday and had a great time!!! Not the best photo of me, but Berrybuzz looks good!!
0922072009b.jpg

You both look great! We need a full pic of you in the AAGPBL uniform. That is really cool!

berrybuzz

One of the Regulars
panamag8or said:
You both look great! We need a full pic of you in the AAGPBL uniform. That is really cool!

Not until she makes me one too! ;) Or I convince her to give me the pattern # and notes on how she altered it, so I can make one using the classic Diamondback colors! lol

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Miss LolitaHaze, your hair is lovely! I haven't quite managed the hair styling thing yet...

Okay, my own picture. I'm on the right--I had a forties party for my birthday last year, so I demanded that my friends come dressed to the nines!

Fall2006022_edited-1.jpg

Nashoba

One Too Many
Rooster said:
Nice outfit Nashoba. You got the biggest tin cones I've ever seen!:eusa_clap

*blush* why thank you rooster...I think...:D

Ok in my defense, I was responding to Hemingway Jones' comment about the imageshack site....and when I posted that, on my screen it showed up BEFORE rooster's comment.....so really I wasn't....aw forget it. *blush*

Lolita, Berry: as always...gorgeous :)

sweetfrancoise: you're gorgeous too!!!

panamag8or

Practically Family
berrybuzz said:
Not until she makes me one too! ;) Or I convince her to give me the pattern # and notes on how she altered it, so I can make one using the classic Diamondback colors! lol

You can just buy one from here, and replace the patch.
At least it is a good place to get an authentic hat, that you can make into a D-Backs hat.

berrybuzz

One of the Regulars
panamag8or said:
You can just buy one from here, and replace the patch.
At least it is a good place to get an authentic hat, that you can make into a D-Backs hat.

unfortunately none of those work for our Diamondbacks, whose original colors were purple and turquoise like this pillow:
p437231reg.jpg

Bit on the pricey side. Might go for a black ballcap and remove the patch. I really want one of those 3 fingered gloves though. *drool*

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Jack Scorpion said:
No surprise: this thread has out-paged the "What are you reading?" thread.
ROFL!

Lo, you and Berry look adorable. How are the players supposed to concentrate??

Sweetfrancaise you're a doll, and your friend too! Love the kitchen as well! Great birthday idea.
Nikki

zaika

One Too Many
sweetfrancaise said:
Okay, my own picture. I'm on the right--I had a forties party for my birthday last year, so I demanded that my friends come dressed to the nines!

Fall2006022_edited-1.jpg

Hey you stole my idea! LOL. I'm turning 30 this year and wanted to do something like that.

But you look so pretty!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld