Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Gilbey said:
Can the spouse of a lounger qualify?? :)

dsc02001cu8.jpg
Absolutely! And well qualified at that!

Nashoba

One Too Many
Not Vintage...

but I did promise some pictures of me actually dancing. These were taken today at a Powwow in Mt. Juliet, TN.
DSCN2128mod.jpg
DSCN2124mod.jpg
DSCN2109.jpg

Nashoba in motion...lol....this is the closest I come to floating on air...look close at the pictures...there are a couple where he managed to capture me with both feet off the ground. The last one in the series above, my fan is raised because I am honoring the drum on the hard beats also called the honor beats.
DSCN2106mod.jpg
DSCN2074mod.jpg

The look on my face is one of deep concentration....and pain...it was 95 degrees today and that dress weighs 15lbs. And I dance...hard....I get in this zone....
DSCN2067.jpg

Bonding with my namesake. This darling wolf was a resuce from an abusive 'home'. nursed back to health and now very well loved. A beautiful girl and very sweet. She came by while I was still getting dressed which is why I'm not wearing my Eagle feathers in this pic...but I can't ever pass up a bonding moment with a Nashoba....
DSCN2134mod.jpg

A rare moment when I'm standing still. Doesn't happen very often at Powwows. I'm usually out dancing. And yes, the fella with me in the Pic...that's the hubby.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
[offtopic]
I'm sure, if Spitty's price were right, I could make arrangements to have you neuralyzed to forget he ever said anything...:D [/offtopic]

lol nah. I'm way too neurotic...I keep notes in hidden places...you'd never find them all.....lol lol

ShortClara

One Too Many
Nashoba said:
DSCN2134mod.jpg

A rare moment when I'm standing still. Doesn't happen very often at Powwows. I'm usually out dancing. And yes, the fella with me in the Pic...that's the hubby.

Your dancing looks beautiful! And how very wonderful to see you and the hubby! What a blessing~

V

VargasBaby

Nashoba said:
DSCN2134mod.jpg

Nashoba, that dress is GORGEOUS. I've always loved Native American culture and that is just stunning. Not to mention the dancing. Poetry. :)

zaika

One Too Many
nashoba, i'm at a loss for words! you look amazing! i wish i could have see you dance. native american dance always moves me.
and i love the picture of you and your husband! aww! :)

Nashoba

One Too Many
Clara: Thank you :)

VargasBaby: Thank you as well. I made that dress from a design from a beloved chippewa elder whom I've adored since I was a child and it's still very much a work in progres... any dancer will tell you that their regalia is never really finished...mine is certainly no exception...I get caught up in what's wrong with it so often that when I hear people tell me that's it's pretty I jump to well I need a new belt...and my moccassins could use a new lining...and one of these days I'm really going to have to fix my back feather so it stops twisting....*sigh* Poetry? wow...I think you're the first to ever say that *blush* thank you.

Zaika: There is a video...I have to figure out how to edit it (it's a bit sideways right now) and then I'll upload it to probably myspace...

V

VargasBaby

Nashoba said:
VargasBaby: Thank you as well. I made that dress from a design from a beloved chippewa elder whom I've adored since I was a child and it's still very much a work in progres... any dancer will tell you that their regalia is never really finished...mine is certainly no exception...I get caught up in what's wrong with it so often that when I hear people tell me that's it's pretty I jump to well I need a new belt...and my moccassins could use a new lining...and one of these days I'm really going to have to fix my back feather so it stops twisting....*sigh* Poetry? wow...I think you're the first to ever say that *blush* thank you.

You are most welcome.

I had figured you had made it. Wouldn't be a traditional dancer if you hadn't. The dress tells a story in itself doesnt' it? And I thikn that the nit picking is the same for anyone that deals in regalia. Something can always be reworked, improved, fixed, etc. ;)

I have yet to see a horrible Native American Dancer. The music and movements alone can be simple poerty. Based on the pics, one can also presume that you are no different. The concentration alone speaks it.

:)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
VargasBaby said:
Nashoba, that dress is GORGEOUS. I've always loved Native American culture and that is just stunning. Not to mention the dancing. Poetry. :)

Seconded--amazing outfit and great pictures!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Nashoba, loved your photos! I especially liked the one of you with the wolf, how beautiful you look reaching out to pet another beautiful creature. And your husband looks like quite the catch!;) Thanks for sharing! The dress is amazing and I can't wait to see the video.
Nikki

dostacos

Practically Family
DSCN2134mod.jpg

A rare moment when I'm standing still. Doesn't happen very often at Powwows. I'm usually out dancing. And yes, the fella with me in the Pic...that's the hubby.[/QUOTE]
fantastic shot, I am glad your hubby is around, I had thought I read on a thread that he was deployed. [may have been an old one, I am new and have been wandering through old posts] so I am happy for you, I know it is part of the Military life, even so:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld