Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting New Indy Book

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
There are a whole slate of Indiana Jones books coming out to mark the release of Indy #4.

I thought this book might be of interest to all of us here:

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Journal-...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204988566&sr=8-1

The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones (Paperback)

URGENT!

JUST RELEASED:
THE LOST JOURNAL OF INDIANA JONES‚Ñ¢

The Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation is pleased to release one of its most prized holdings, the heretofore "lost" journal of Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr., which was obscured within the KGB's collection for years before passing into the Russian Federation's possession. From Jones's notes on his youthful encounters with the likes of Lawrence of Arabia and Teddy Roosevelt, through his adulthood adventures with the Thuggee Cult, the Nazis, and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, this journal covers nearly fifty years in his life, spanning from 1908 to 1957. Dr. Jones's snapshots, sketches, press clippings, and entries recording his personal thoughts are all revealed in this volume, giving new insight into one of the most enigmatic adventurers of the twentieth century.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
This doesn't appeal to me at all: once again, Lucas is ramming the whole Young-Indy-Adventures-is-canon! nonsense down our throats.

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to the film. But to me, Indy is just four feature films. I never bought into the TV series, comics, novels, etc. For that matter, despite having bought an official fur felt Stetson back when they were first offered during the Temple of Doom era, I'm simply not into the whole sanctioned merchandising thing.

But hey, that's just me...

Jovan

Suspended
I'll take a look at a bookstore and then decide. This is probably just a gimmicky gift idea for fans... which isn't bad in itself, but I'm not sure I'd buy one for myself.

Dr. Strange: At least tell me that Star Trek: The Animated Series is canon! lol

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Only "Yesteryear"!

Actually, I never saw most of the Trek:TAS - I was in college when it first aired, and nobody had TVs in their dorm rooms in those days (or got up early enough on Saturday mornings!) From what I saw of it later on, I wasn't really impressed.

Doh!

One Too Many
I was just the right age when Star Trek: Animated was on, and even as I kid I found it quite boring. Haven't seen it since.

Jovan

Suspended
I own TAS on DVD. I do not regret my purchase. [huh]

I am, however, not particularly encouraged to buy the DVDs of Young Indiana Jones. Lucas, once again not satisfied with things that worked perfectly the first time has messed with the entire episodic content of the series. I ask: Why? What does it accomplish? Things like the new special effects cuts in ANH's final battle did not bother me, but changing Han's entire character to be more kid friendly was a huge, huge mistake. Yes, he's a cold blooded killer. He HAD to be. In the criminal underworld, it's kill or be killed. The message is now, "Shoot when shot ineptly at from three feet away." :rolleyes:

vintage68

Practically Family
Doctor Strange said:
This doesn't appeal to me at all: once again, Lucas is ramming the whole Young-Indy-Adventures-is-canon! nonsense down our throats.

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to the film. But to me, Indy is just four feature films. I never bought into the TV series, comics, novels, etc. For that matter, despite having bought an official fur felt Stetson back when they were first offered during the Temple of Doom era, I'm simply not into the whole sanctioned merchandising thing.

But hey, that's just me...

Ditto. I support the after-market craftsmen of hat makers, jacket makers, and guys like Indy Magnoli, but the merchandising "make a quick buck" crowd pushing cheap garbage is really annoying.

nobodyspecial

Practically Family
I like the movies for what they are, simple entertainment and nothing more. I can understand the merchandising aspect of movies, so in that sense book may generate a few dollars, but it's not my cup of tea. For that matter, I don't understand buying prop replicas from Indy Magnoli either. I'm sure others disagree or he wouldn't sell them.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
I found this thread quite funny at the time because I could say anything but now that the book has been released... I can finally say I worked on this book! :D

It was a team effort, but I did most of the illustrations, many inserts and generally assisted with the text and layout. It was a fun project to work on and certainly a must-have book for any fan.

There are a lot of little things in this book that I think fans will enjoy, plus a few easter eggs if you know where to look... ;)

Kind regards,
Magnoli

RBH

Bartender
Indy Magnoli said:
I found this thread quite funny at the time because I could say anything but now that the book has been released... I can finally say I worked on this book! :D

It was a team effort, but I did most of the illustrations, many inserts and generally assisted with the text and layout. It was a fun project to work on and certainly a must-have book for any fan.

There are a lot of little things in this book that I think fans will enjoy, plus a few easter eggs if you know where to look... ;)

Kind regards,
Magnoli
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Magnoli;

I looked at the book in a bookstore and I say you did an outstanding job on it. It just isn't a book bound together with pictures but a creative layout and design piece from start to finish. The book really resembles someone's journal. Great effort!

cooncatbob

Practically Family
I rather like the Previous Indiana Jones pocket books. They fill in the period of his life from when he graduated college to right before the movies.
I hope they come out with books to fill the gap between Last Crusade and KOCS.
I'd like to know how Indy spent WW2.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
One of my favorite parts of the book is "The Golden idol... (is) a LOT lighter than it looks!". I rewatched "Raiders of the Lost Ark" with my family and saw how true that is. :D

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld