Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could only have THREE ...

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Only 3? Well ok.

GW
A-1, Arcadia, and Cossack.
IMG_4005 copy.jpg
IMG_3898.jpeg
IMG_5772.jpeg

Pandemic

One Too Many
^
Really respect the diversity of those three (even if the colors look similar).

I know even my wife would say my top three all look identical (the difference between a cross zip and a CR being completely lost on her).

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A-1
A-2
G-1

With a light sweater I’d be covered for most Southern UK temps, wore an A-2 with cashmere sweater this time of year in Czech. If we ever get the Beast from the East again I’d swap out the G-1 for a D-1 :)

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
^
Really respect the diversity of those three (even if the colors look similar).

I know even my wife would say my top three all look identical (the difference between a cross zip and a CR being completely lost on her).
They are very different hides, not to mention design and history. The A-1 is Capeskin, the Arcadia is Shinki horsehide, and the Cossack is Indian goatskin.
My next impossible find would be a GW Mojave Shinki. Ya never know.

Goel

A-List Customer
I could easily do 3 styles, in fact that's likely what I'll end up settling on. I don't like having too much stuff, makes me feel cluttered or weighed down, so I would prefer to keep a small assortment with a lot of variety.

1. Shearling lined parka for deep winter
2. Moose flight jacket for fall or mild winter
3. Either a horsehide sunburst or a bison trucker for spring.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When is the Herc due?
I have been wearing the Herc for almost a month now! I know I promised to post pics when it arrived but I just haven’t gotten around to it. I’m thinking of spending some time tomorrow putting together a thread for this one, I was a little ambivalent when I received it but I like it more and more every time I wear it. In the meantime here’s a couple quick shots.
B408E3D4-47FD-444F-89C9-73D3EF9832A5.jpeg

1F7F3E72-0D9D-420A-9503-85852A4B6C74.jpeg

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Simmons Bilt J100 Occtober 24th.jpg
To narrow "the fleet" down to three ? Well let's see...too hard basket , has to be 5 sorry !

Simmons Bilt J100 café racer in black goat. Great for days not too "cool". Lightweight ( relatively)
Bought new just over one year ago.

Eastman Luftwaffe. I bought my first of these in 1990. this version is maybe 6 years old now.
Bought from ebay UK as "barely used". The jacket arrived indistinguishable from new !

Eastman Luftwaffe at Mullaloo.jpg

Schott 441PP. early 90's steerhide for the Japanese market according to Schott history forum.
ebay purchase NOS from the UK of all places. Go figure ?

Schott 441PP Fremantle 2.jpg

Simmons Bilt Nebraska in black goat. Bought new last year just 12 months ago now.

Simmons Bilt Nebraska Scarboro 2.jpg

Vanson Ike. My heaviest jacket, strictly "winter" wear ( I know , I know..) Bought very good used from the Lounge

Vanson Ike at Yanchep lagoon.jpg

Last edited:

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
View attachment 294696 To narrow "the fleet" down to three ? Well let's see...too hard basket , has to be 5 sorry !

Simmons Bilt J100 café racer in black goat. Great for days not too "cool". Lightweight ( relatively)
Bought new just over one year ago.

Eastman Luftwaffe. I bought my first of these in 1990. this version is maybe 6 years old now.
Bought from ebay UK as "barely used". The jacket arrived indistinguishable from new !

View attachment 294690

Schott 441PP. early 90's steerhide for the Japanese market according to Schott history forum.
ebay purchase NOS from the UK of all places. Go figure ?

View attachment 294692

Simmons Bilt Nebraska in black goat. Bought new last year just 12 months ago now.

View attachment 294693

Vanson Ike. My heaviest jacket, strictly "winter" wear ( I know , I know..) Bought very good used from the Lounge

View attachment 294694
Have a great Christmas ya lucky bugger,,Glasgow is Baltic,,out of curiosity does your Luftwaffe have the size tag removed? .I sent one to regius and he sold it on as it was too big,cheers Pedro

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Have a great Christmas ya lucky bugger,,Glasgow is Baltic,,out of curiosity does your Luftwaffe have the size tag removed? .I sent one to regius and he sold it on as it was too big,cheers Pedro

No sir , I did see the one sold by Regius , sold instantly on the Lounge I seem to remember.

Mine , bought "barely used" out of England before I was a "forumite" was indeed "brand spankers".
381 quid delivered post/GST paid to Perth western Australia from the south of England in 2015.
Over 5 years ago now. Original Eastman 44" tag/label still "virgo intacto" so to speak.

I brought with me to Australia my Eastman Luftwaffe jacket in size 44 , which I bought new in Devon in 1990. Wore it most days to work before emigrating , and most days riding my Harley here in Australia. Eventually I wore out the blue lining , and I had it relined here in Australia ( in black , no blue available !) in 2002. At the same time I had the Greek leatherworker make me another jacket 100% copied in Goat leather using the Eastman as a template while he had it apart for relining. Lighter in weight but better in our hot weather ( 7 months a year !)

We had 41C yesterday and 39 today , so it was a "nae" leather jacket day until tomorrow's ride , which may be a "Denim day"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe