Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I remember when.....

I was looking at a 77 LTD Country Squire wagon a couple years ago (someone bought it after the dealer promised to hold it for me) when I went to test drive it, Lawrence Welk was on the radio, and it was an 8-track in the deck, didn't even spot it at first lol I was very pleased.

And before that they had eight track tapes that were HUGE. :D

Oh it sure was. It was perfect for me, when my dad saw it, he said, "Yep, that's your car."
Remember when cars looked like this?
carsnstuff033.jpg

You can just barely see the 8-track deck.
carsnstuff031.jpg

That thing was like a time warp then. :D

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Who was it said cars from that era "looked like bank presidents' desks"?

At the very least they looked like furniture. Or houses.

It would be interesting to think about the design philosophy that brought that look into being.

I've always loved that. My 87 Caprice Wagon and my 79 Electra both have big woodgrained dashboards and seats like couches that match the exterior color. Oh how I love it.

Who was it said cars from that era "looked like bank presidents' desks"?

At the very least they looked like furniture. Or houses.

It would be interesting to think about the design philosophy that brought that look into being.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Theres a Caddy Sedan de Ville in my neighborhood that I look at longingly every time I drive by it. Looks to be about a 1970. Im hoping to see a 'for sale' sign in it, and actually have the cash to buy it one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe