Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How patient/disciplined should you be when waiting for a dream jacket to show up for sale?

NamoAmituofo

Familiar Face
I hope I’m not alone with this problem.

I know exactly what jacket I want, but it’s not the widely and commonly for sale model that show up in Classified or eBay almost weekly.

I even posted a WTB ad!

But - what I discovered is - while waiting for that dream jacket to show up for sale (2nd hand, as can’t afford brand new) - I often get distracted to some for sale jackets that closely resembles my dream jacket, but I have to ask myself really hard ‘is this really what you want?!’ ‘Will you really be happy and settle with it after you got it - or will you still want that dream jacket?’

I have to be quite detached and patient and disciplined in this search. Otherwise I think I’d end up wasting lots of money buying and reselling what is something I ultimately didn’t want.

Your thoughts?

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Depends.

If it's still a production jacket you can order, order it. Wait for a sale if you want.

If it's out of production, you have no choice but to wait and search. Keep searching as long as it takes, or until you lose interest.

jeo

Call Me a Cab
I hope I’m not alone with this problem.

I know exactly what jacket I want, but it’s not the widely and commonly for sale model that show up in Classified or eBay almost weekly.

I even posted a WTB ad!

But - what I discovered is - while waiting for that dream jacket to show up for sale (2nd hand, as can’t afford brand new) - I often get distracted to some for sale jackets that closely resembles my dream jacket, but I have to ask myself really hard ‘is this really what you want?!’ ‘Will you really be happy and settle with it after you got it - or will you still want that dream jacket?’

I have to be quite detached and patient and disciplined in this search. Otherwise I think I’d end up wasting lots of money buying and reselling what is something I ultimately didn’t want.

Your thoughts?

You’re only talking about one aspect of what would make up a dream jacket. Without owning it, you can only talk about the design and not the fit or the leather. But we want what we want, right? So keep on looking until you find it. If you’re lucky, you’ll eventually find the jacket that you want for an affordable price and will fit you perfectly. But what you’ll most likely find is that you may end up compromising on what you initially thought was a dream jacket because of fit.

There is no such thing as a dream jacket.

I beg to differ, there definitely are dream jackets, you just have to find them!

Mostly we all just like buying and selling things. Hunting and gathering jackets. It’s a primal urge. It’s really got nothing to do with leather jackets.

Totally. It’s in our DNA back from when resources were scarce . It’s why billionaires always want more.

You have a different dream every time you fall asleep. Jackets are the same thing. Todays dream is tomorrows forgotten memory.

The scarier part is the nightmare. When you had a dream jacket and sold it. Never to be seen again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun