Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hornskov Hats - custom Danish hatter

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I received my Hornskov today, long story short, I love it. Plans changed between the time I originally placed my order and when Peter started making it. I was going to go with a custom vintage BRE clone, but I ended up going with a little more contemporary design, I hope to find a real BRE someday. I got the "Walker" in natural color pure beaver felt, with a dark brown leather hat band. It has a 4 1/2" teardrop crown and a 2 3/8" flat brim with a triple stitched underwelt. When I pulled it out of the box and put it on my head the shape and fit was perfect, which is saying something as my head borderlines on XLO, major kudos to Peter. The felt is soft and dense just like I would expect. I told myself this would probably be my only Hornskov, now I'm thinking maybe I'll just have to save a little longer for my next one.
View attachment 625445 View attachment 625446 View attachment 625447 View attachment 625448
It looks fantastic!

Peter seems to have done it yet again.

Can't wait for him to get started on mine.

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
I received my Hornskov today, long story short, I love it. Plans changed between the time I originally placed my order and when Peter started making it. I was going to go with a custom vintage BRE clone, but I ended up going with a little more contemporary design, I hope to find a real BRE someday. I got the "Walker" in natural color pure beaver felt, with a dark brown leather hat band. It has a 4 1/2" teardrop crown and a 2 3/8" flat brim with a triple stitched underwelt. When I pulled it out of the box and put it on my head the shape and fit was perfect, which is saying something as my head borderlines on XLO, major kudos to Peter. The felt is soft and dense just like I would expect. I told myself this would probably be my only Hornskov, now I'm thinking maybe I'll just have to save a little longer for my next one.
View attachment 625445 View attachment 625446 View attachment 625447 View attachment 625448
Love it. For all the talk about not pouncing his own felt and stuff, when it comes down to it, Peter makes a great hat. I don’t think I’ll be getting another, but I love the ones I have.

Honky Chapeau

New in Town
Peter is an incredible artisan as well as so true to the brand he has created. I love my custom hat from him. Perfect fit from halfway around the world.
IMG_4136.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocette59