Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

Mike schooled me on these vintage inspired shirts

My Sidekick & I sporting Avanti silk repops & vintage Panamas
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6%3C27%3Dot%3E7%3A77%3D487%3D34%3B%3DXROQDF%3E28662%3C8%3A7725%3Aot1lsi
:cool:

You are blessed beyond belief Che!!
Great pic, great shirts, great hats, great kid!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
It's nice to see action on this tread. Thanks for the comments and always great to see a Che post especially with a sidekick! Rock'n those Avanti's and always first class head wear.

4564c4f703db805001153d375265f560.jpg

Wore this Asian inspired koi themed one to the art museum today to see an exhibit of samurai armor and weapons.
06e557d1522424164a310af72252fe92.jpg
4f4ba651eced4b7699df244e2f2b248a.jpg
65a528e5c5ff8c22258eb452c9de4500.jpg

I figured there were a few of you who could dig it.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Kool koi and Samurai exihibit Dale. Big fan of authentic Japanese Samurai films.

That Resistol milan is sweet and you can tell you like it Greg.

Out all day in a vintage Aloha and Supernatural milan

Wore this Asian inspired koi themed one to the art museum today to see an exhibit of samurai armor and weapons...I figured there were a few of you who could dig it.
I'm diggin' the shirt and the exhibit. I wish I could be there to see 'em both in person. :D

This arrived last night. Vintage Reistol Milan with an Ali'i Fashions shirt.
That pug is really a good match for that shirt!

...Out all day in a vintage Aloha and Supernatural milan...
Wonderful combination Mike, but I think I'd like the shirt more if all of the tikis were right-side up. :D

Last edited:
Mike that is one awesome combo! That supernatural is .....well, supernatural. And the tiki shirt rules! The shades are icing on the cake.
The museum apparently screened a couple of Kurosawa films last month as part of this exhibit. I wish I had known that sooner. It would've certainly added to the experience.

Thanks for the good word Zombie. The exhibit was pretty cool, as not only did it have a lot of good stuff on display, it also provided a pretty insightful history of the samurai, and their evolution over the centuries. There was even an exhibit of teapots and other everyday items made from recycled armor after the emperor disbanded the samurai in the late 1800s in favor of a more modern, westernized army.

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Alex, thanks. It's pretty common for patterns to be all over the place on Aloha shirts, especially vintage ones. Sometimes it's intentional, sometimes not. It took quite a while before somebody figured out how to print and cut patterns that lined up on purpose. The print fabrics were scarce and were usually cut not to waste a bit.

Dale, I am cursed bro!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe