Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

It's unusually warm here today Richard. Weatherman says it'll be much colder by Monday. Not much chance of a white Christmas though (thankfully)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Lando

Practically Family
11831265325_c541a16b5b_c.jpg

Happy New Years Guys! Took a while to get back home and back to the computer. But better late than never. Spent some time in the warmer climate for Christmas this year and got to break out the Hawaiians with my Travel Akubra. Had to think long and hard about which hat to bring for travel. Don't like packing hats away, I bring them on the plane and put them under the seat. So I needed to bring a hat that could take a bruising without getting too bent out of shape. Akubra Snowy River is a mean simple hat and the fawn color tends to go with most things. I own better hats, but it's about finding the right balance between hats you really like and hats you wouldn't be too upset over losing. I once had a hat blow right off my head into a big river while traveling through Vienna, and that was all she wrote.

11831268855_e1cdf10e1e_c.jpg

11831682634_0bc685a78c_z.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Mighty surprised to see a post here in the midst of the polar vortex. Like the xmas motif on the white shirt Lando. Must be nice to travel to warmer climes this time of year too. A pirate manatee eh?

Good way to spend the holidays Lando. I'm guessing Florida because of the manatee. The little one sure looks happy. Great shirts and tavelling hat.

Lando

Practically Family
I prefer the cold. I've learned to enjoy the heat, but I'll take a polar vortex any day over too much heat and humidity. It's fun to break out the Hawaiians but I'm just not built for high temperatures.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lando - great shots - the festive shirt is great. Give me cold over hot humidity any time too (although I'm happy if you don't send the polar vortex this way ;) ).

We've had three straight days below freezing. Night before last was 7°f (-14c). I'm not built for that. I'd take triple digits over single any day.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
I'll bet it's a cold sunshine.......

Thanks for giving the thread some life Dale. I've snagged a couple of the Bay in the off season, just dream'n to wear em for now.

I'll bet it's a cold sunshine.......

Thanks for giving the thread some life Dale. I've snagged a couple of the Bay in the off season, just dream'n to wear em for now.

Well.....it got about 64 in the shade here today (thats about 18 to you, Richard), so that sunshine felt pretty d@mn good for a change.

Can't wait to see the new ones Mike

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Well.....it got about 64 in the shade here today (thats about 18 to you, Richard), so that sunshine felt pretty d@mn good for a change.

Can't wait to see the new ones Mike

Well that's certainly warmer than I would have expected from the news coverage I've seen. Then again, "down south" covers a lot of territory. Glad your comfortable where your at Dale.

My new shirts are pretty tame by Aloha standards but that's the direction my tastes have drifted. My cameras in the shop but when it's done I'll post some pixs.

You're spot on Mike. We've had some bad winter weather down here, freakishly unusual snow and ice, people died....I spent a few nights stranded at work week before last, then it hit hard again last week. I was stuck at home this time fortunately, with beer in the 'fridge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82