Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hand gun ownership in the U.S.

How many HAND guns do you own?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to 5.

• 6 to 10.

• 11 to 25.

• 26 to 50, or more.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
carebear said:
As you stand there, basically immobile, precariously balanced and weighed down by all that steel. :D

Aah,yes! Luckily my better half can waddle over and get us plates of pig!
She is also wearing her's,too,of course. But..little ones,tho..with grips that match her eye shadow.....;)
HD

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
:D OH MY! Those...are... gorgeous! Ooo, how I'd like to have one of those babies! (for my pink bedroom, of course, LOL!)
Nikki

HoosierDaddy said:
100_0464.jpg

Top..Colt Python stainless 4" barrel .357 mag
S&W Mo. 629 stainless 3" barrel .44 mag
S&W Mo. 66 stainless 2 1/2" barrel .357 mag
S&W Mo. 60 stainless 2" barrel .38 SP
Left...(CarryGun) ParaOrdnance P-12 .45ACP
Right..Browning Hi Power 9MM
HD

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Happily I fall into the more than 11 category. Actually I never purposely count exactly how many I own. It's not important really. I own less long guns anymore.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
HoosierDaddy said:
You ain't foolin me,Ohairas! You'd have it all glittery adorned on a frilly girly lace doily!:mad: :eusa_doh:
HD
No I wouldn't, honest! (I'd keep it in my garter!;) )

ohairas said:
No I wouldn't, honest! (I'd keep it in my garter!;) )
...well,OK..if your gonna get serious. Fredricks of Detroit makes a nice pale fuscha satin model GarterHolster with velcro tiedown for quick draw. Even offer a script embroidered fancy "N" initial by request. Made only for the Uzi...micro model,tho....:)
HD

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I'll actually look into that HD!
I seriously DO shoot guns tho.. and a bow too. Only at targets unless something's trying to harm me!
Nikki

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
I own over a dozen firearms but I only had as many as three handguns at any one time. I sold them when my kids got old enough to get into everything in the house, even though they were always locked up (the handguns).
I guess I'm like Quigley, "I never said I don't know how to use them, I just never had much use for one".

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
At 100 votes at this point, and 58 percent of us own guns. Interesting, about the percentages I expected when adjusted (add maybe 7 to 10 % to the owners?) for my initial error of not creating a category for those who did not yet own a gun, but were planning on getting one. So it's about 65% ownership, and roughly 35% that don't.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
You know, "self defense" is often a primary reason people give for owning a handgun (or two, or three... I gather that for some buying guns is like buying hats is for me!:D ). So, I was wondering...

Has anyone here drawn their weapon in self defense? Not counting any police officers or military members who may have done so in the line of duty, that is.

If not, has anyone here been in a situation where they thought that they might have to?

Just curious.

Cheers,
Tom

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Tango Yankee said:
If not, has anyone here been in a situation where they thought that they might have to?

Just curious.

Cheers,
Tom

I don't carry yet. But I've been scared a few times. Nothing terrible happened, but it would have been better to be prepared.

-Viola

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Not me, but......

Tango Yankee said:
You know, "self defense" is often a primary reason people give for owning a handgun (or two, or three... I gather that for some buying guns is like buying hats is for me!:D ). So, I was wondering...

Has anyone here drawn their weapon in self defense? Not counting any police officers or military members who may have done so in the line of duty, that is.

Just curious.

Cheers,
Tom

Back in the fall, my 80 year old Dad was sitting on his front porch and he saw three suspicious looking characters casing out the house across the street. Two of the hoods broke into the house while the third drove around the block with the getaway car. Dad walked up to the house, looked in the living room and saw two of the guys inside the house. He then started to ring the door bell. The 75 year old next door neighbor saw what was going on and called the police. As he was talking to the dispatcher he saw my Dad walking across the street, he dropped the phone and ran outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe