Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greetings from Canada

TGwaH

New in Town
Hello,

I thought I would introduce myself before my first excursion to a hatters on Saturday.

Long have I admired the hats of the Golden Era, and at times lamented their passing from the main stream. Bogart or Indy in a fedora always struck me as a refined, classic cool. For about 10-15 years now, it has been my dream to own a fedora.

I had an aborted attempt about 2 years ago, when I stopped by the Biltmore factory outlet store (about 20 minutes drive from here) to see what they had. Alas, on that day it was not meant to be, and instead of a fedora I left with a rather stylish (if somewhat tight fitting) pork pie.

However, since that trip with my beautiful girlfriend, and now fiancee, I have not only been able to convince her that a fedora would be a fantastic standout at our wedding. This means that not only will I have a new hat, but I have brought my three groomsmen into the fedora fold.

After a long, arduous research process*, I have finally found a proper hatter to bring me into the world of fedoras with a perfect fit, and a classic crease.

With that, I embark with great excitement Saturday morning to 1794 Avenue Road in Toronto to the Hatter.

This forum has been a fantastic resource in my search for knowledge and I hope to one day be able to give back as much as I have taken from it.

Sincerely,
TGwaH

*In reality, I called the receptionist at Biltmore and got her advice.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GREETINGS!

Hiya TGwaH! Glad to see you! Lemme be the first to pour a virtual Lakeport Lager - :cheers1:-

Best wishes too on your pending nuptuals!

Here are some photos of the place (bootsted fron justdog >sorry<)

Hatter3.jpg

Hatter2.jpg

Hatter.jpg

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
TGwaH said:
Hello, I thought I would introduce myself before my first excursion to a hatters on Saturday....With that, I embark with great excitement Saturday morning to 1794 Avenue Road in Toronto to the Hatter.

Dear TGwaH, Welcome...from somewhere south and east of you! When you're in Guelph, have a pint at Molly Bloom's for me, all right? And when you head down to TO, do the same at The Rebel House, eh?

This is an amazing..and HUGE...place. Once you dive in...you'll never get out again! Hope find just what you're looking for for the big day: Congratulations to you and your intended!

"Skeet"

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
First off welcome from one Canadian newbie to another and secondly where in TO (area not address) is this place? I might have to go on a business trip to TO in June and I NEED to know about this shop :D

G MAN

One of the Regulars
FurFeltFedora, The store is located in North York at 1794 Avenue Road
Avenue road south of the 401
Tel. 416-783-8233

TGwaH, I go there alot, the store is small but great people there to help you out, you should find something you like.

TGwaH

New in Town
Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]Dear TGwaH, Welcome...from somewhere south and east of you! When you're in Guelph, have a pint at Molly Bloom's for me, all right? And when you head down to TO, do the same at The Rebel House, eh?
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Skeet, any excuse to pour a pint, is a good excuse to me. We're also touring Steam Whistle this Saturday, so I will make sure to raise a pint for you:D

FurFeltFedora said:
First off welcome from one Canadian newbie to another and secondly where in TO (area not address) is this place? I might have to go on a business trip to TO in June and I NEED to know about this shop :D

The location I'm going to is in North York. About 2 km from a subway terminal, or as a friend put it to me -- a sub and a bus, why strain yourself? I have heard tell of a second location in the downtown core, but I don't know where it is located. If I find out, I will pass the location along.

G MAN said:
TGwaH, I go there alot, the store is small but great people there to help you out, you should find something you like.

That's fantastic to hear. Nothing better than word of mouth recommendation.

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
TGwaH said:
Thanks for the welcomes everyone....Thanks Skeet, any excuse to pour a pint, is a good excuse to me. We're also touring Steam Whistle this Saturday, so I will make sure to raise a pint for you:D

Now I'm REALLY envious of you: on one of our last trips "up north" I stopped at a Beer Store and got several of Steam Whistle's products....one was PARTICULARLY good, but I can't for the life of me remember which one. So, until I can follow in your footsteps, I'll have to do without (not that they're carried down here, anyway).

Be sure to send lots of pictures when you get the hat(s):rolleyes: . A picture in front of that nice, big, locomotive down by the Guelph depot would be acceptable....

"Skeet"

Homburglar

New in Town
TGwaH said:
The location I'm going to is in North York. About 2 km from a subway terminal, or as a friend put it to me -- a sub and a bus, why strain yourself? I have heard tell of a second location in the downtown core, but I don't know where it is located. If I find out, I will pass the location along.

The downtown location closed a few years back unfortunately. I'll second G MAN's recommendation though - very friendly and helpful people at the Hatter.

And to continue the Toronto brewery recommendations, the Mill Street Brew Pub in the Distillery district is also worth checking out if you have time!

jlagman

New in Town
Welcome, fellow Ontarian here.

I visited the Hatter in January or February; great place but didn't see anything I absolutely had to have. But with summer quickly approaching I am in need of a nice summer hat, I'll probably head down there again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally