Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Mankohouse

New in Town
Joe and a very crusty CAL

Attachments

• IMG_5655.jpeg
    IMG_5655.jpeg
    555 KB · Views: 97

Biff42

A-List Customer
View attachment 491295

Recently came across the uncropped/unwarped photo that was used for the cover of Rubber Soul. All of the lads seem to be in suede jackets, besides George (who may well have one under his greatcoat). We have the clearest look at Lennon’s and a bit of research determined that it was made by the bespoke tailor frequented by all four Beatles, Dougie Millings.

A closer photo from its current prison on display at Hard Rock Cafe.

Rubber2BSoul2BJacket.png

Some interesting details here. The jacket, unusual for a trucker, has epaulettes (which seem to have been torn off, perhaps by a mob of fans, not as a ‘fashion statement’ the way Fine Creek customers like). The chest pockets seem to be quite long, too, though otherwise it seems pretty accurate to the Levi’s type design. The cuff is quite different as well.

Certainly an interesting entry in the history of British Americana wear, alongside things like the Lewis Western or Bronx jackets.
I love the Rubber Soul jacket John wore. This guy sells replicas, but Im not sure what kind of quality they are. He also has other pcs of Lennon in the jacket.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love the Rubber Soul jacket John wore. This guy sells replicas, but Im not sure what kind of quality they are. He also has other pcs of Lennon in the jacket.

I've seen that guy's site before. It does come across as a personal project rather than some cash-in like those sites you get whenever you search a famous person or character's name + jacket.

The question for me is where the quality lands given how low the prices are, but he doesn't seem to be trying to pull a fast one. Given the age of the site it might well be that these prices are well out of date, in which case it would make much more sense.

Biff42

A-List Customer
I've seen that guy's site before. It does come across as a personal project rather than some cash-in like those sites you get whenever you search a famous person or character's name + jacket.

The question for me is where the quality lands given how low the prices are, but he doesn't seem to be trying to pull a fast one. Given the age of the site it might well be that these prices are well out of date, in which case it would make much more sense.
I just emailed him to find out what he has in stock. I'll let you know.

He appears to use the same web developer as Lost Worlds, LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally