Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I've just received my new aubergine-colored boots by arch support project Hongkong. Rock Yeh (shoemaker originally from Taiwan) used to make handsewn boots for Feit NY. He cooperates now with Samuel Hsin (one of the founders of MotivMfg and owner of Radiance Blue stores in China). They've created a boot made of aubergine-colored heavy, thick yet soft and pliable hide with the rough side out. He used Norwegian stitching. The main "USP" IMO is the special inner foot/arch of the foot design which makes it even more comfortable to wear. It's one of the most comfy boots I've ever owned and craftmanship and materials used are IMO top notch. The boots are quite massive/heavy/sturdy and perfect Fall/Winter boots.

64a.jpg

64b.jpg
IMG_4810.jpg
IMG_4811.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I've just received my new aubergine-colored boots by arch support project Hongkong. Rock Yeh (shoemaker originally from Taiwan) used to make handsewn boots for Feit NY. He cooperates now with Samuel Hsin (one of the founders of MotivMfg and owner of Radiance Blue stores in China). They've created a boot made of aubergine-colored heavy, thick yet soft and pliable hide with the rough side out. He used Norwegian stitching. The main "USP" IMO is the special inner foot/arch of the foot design which makes it even more comfortable to wear. It's one of the most comfy boots I've ever owned and craftmanship and materials used are IMO top notch. The boots are quite massive/heavy/sturdy and perfect Fall/Winter boots.

View attachment 638909

View attachment 638910 View attachment 638911 View attachment 638912

Oh! Congrats!

Something else, entirely!

I saw them on the "Kentaurus" Insta and also the price. I was very intrigued, but I don´t quite like the colour and also the rather intricate contrast stitching. All and all, I wasn´t convinced about the aging potential when exposed to rough weathers.

Really interested in some action-shots and also in the evolution a few months in.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
These look verinteresting

View attachment 638909

View attachment 638910 View attachment 638911 View attachment 638912

These look very interesting! Curious to hear your thoughts after you have used them for a while :)

TLW '90

Practically Family
I've been wearing my custom shop Jim Green Vellies just about every day for going on 3 months now and couldn't be happier with them.
They're very comfortable, and the leather looks quite a bit better than they did when new.
20240920_132847.jpg

20240920_132912.jpg

They're just my casual everyday shoes so I don't abuse them, but they're also not babied like they were some premium dress shoes.
There have been times where I went out into my workshop and forgot to switch into my beater rough out Vellies and they've come out just fine.

These have shown that you don't have to settle for some low quality disposable sneakers or buy some high end heritage leather sneakers form goral or crown...etc, they perfectly bridge the gap between boots and sneakers.

Khilij

One of the Regulars
Yes, they are. They got here on the 12th of September. They are absolutely worth the wait. I am waiting on one more pair which should be ready by the end of October from the same batch. I got Black and Chestnut

Last edited:

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Yes, they are. They got here on the 12th of September. They are absolutely worth the wait. I am waiting on one more pair which should be ready by the end of October from the same batch. I got Black and Chestnut
I got the W&C chestnut Tukano..hope they ship very soon..im sick of waiting. Post some pics of yours when u can.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Chippewa soft toe engineer boots made in the USA. Chippewa no longer makes engineer boots or any boots in the US.

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0080.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0082.jpeg
    IMG_0082.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads