Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Psant25

One Too Many
Fyi the sebagos were returned. Did not like the leather. Ordered another pair of rancourt. Will be wearing these with short shorts all summer long
IMG_2496.jpeg

Just a raw q-tip or would you use some kind of cleaning solution?

Just a damp q-tip works. I have used vinegar/water solution and it also worked. No damage or anything. Afterwards I run some wax over the eyelets to delay verdigris’ return.

Psant25

One Too Many
Welp…rancourts out of stock cancelled order. I Came across Gokey boots and ordered two pair to check out. Looks like they are even older than Russell moccasin company. Anyone have any experience with them? Look pretty cool classic style. Plenty in stock. Nice 7-8oz leather.
IMG_2513.jpeg
IMG_2512.jpeg

Olumin

Familiar Face
I wear brown Oxfords with almost anything. To me its the most versatile shoe. Now during the summer I also wear monk straps. The ones I wear currently are made by Carmina.

I usually only wear my boots if the weather necessitates it. Rain, mud, snow. I find boots heavy and hot, aswell as a pain to put on and take off. I have only one pair at the moment and they are dark brown cap toe derby's made by Loake. They're made on a dress shoe last so they pair well.

I'll probably get some dress boots in the future, like balmorals, and perhaps some spectators. I might also consider a pair of penny loafers, but I'm not sure if that's my thing yet.

I dont think I've ever worn sneakers in my life, apart from gym class back in school. I guess they just never appealed to me, and they dont pair with my attire.

Schambach

Practically Family
Welp…rancourts out of stock cancelled order. I Came across Gokey boots and ordered two pair to check out. Looks like they are even older than Russell moccasin company. Anyone have any experience with them? Look pretty cool classic style. Plenty in stock. Nice 7-8oz leather.
View attachment 619019 View attachment 619020
Gokey has been around forever, though I'm not sure if it's the same company they used to be. I used to wear my dads Gokey snakeboots 40 years ago, thought they were the coolest things ever. Inheirited some shorter pull ons from him when he passed away a couple years back, I haven't worn them much, but construction seems top notch.

NZJono

One of the Regulars
Posting a couple of my favourite pairs of Dr Martens.
The first pair is the DM “Anthony”, with calf, and silk vamp and tongue.
The second pair is the DM “Douglas” - also calf, in my view one of the nicest pair of DM boots ever made.
A really lovely boot with a proper welt. There’s a brown version even nicer, called the “Twisted” brogue, but I’ve never seen any for sale on ebay.
It’s a shame that Dr Martens don’t make these styles any more.
They‘re a classy boot and comfortable for all day wear.
_DSC3368.jpeg
_DSC3366.jpeg

Psant25

One Too Many
Was on another RW kick so I ordered 3 pair of 875s same size all had some issues so returned. Glad they offer free returns. Either a issue on the welt stitch/sanding or leather grain on a panel was jacked up more grain/thinner. I know they are “work boots” but i wish they had better QC.

I now have 2 pair of 1907 coming today to check out AND a pair of whites perrys in distressed coming friday. They were in stock and 20% off with their sale. Have had a few of whites in the distressed both regular and roughout and really like that leather.

Crossing my fingers for a keeper I am due - or we will be returning.

I am really not that picky i see better qc in boots coming from thursday, grant stone, parkhurst, caswell, etc.

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
I’m the opposite of picky when it comes to boots and leather jackets because I know I won’t baby them but that’s terrible, I don’t know how that boot can pass any kind of QA even for budget stuff.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I’m the opposite of picky when it comes to boots and leather jackets because I know I won’t baby them but that’s terrible, I don’t know how that boot can pass any kind of QA even for budget stuff.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I have dozens of pairs from both more expensive brands that are not known for their QC (Alden and Carmina) and budget brands (Meermin) but none was as even close to this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld