Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit Check - Lost Worlds Horsehide A1

konadog

Practically Family
I just picked up this near-new Lost Worlds horsehide A1 on the Classifieds. The horsehide is wonderful and this size 42 weighs a slender 3.33 pounds (which is great for SoCal). It feels a little snug in the shoulders and armpits, but I like how it looks. I also wonder if the sleeves and length are a hair too short. I'm halfway between moving it on and trying to break it in and see where it goes. (Ignore the unfastened button on the right pocket, it's hiding.)

Would love the forum's thoughts...

LostWorldsA1-42-9.jpg
LostWorldsA1-42-6.jpg
LostWorldsA1-42-2.jpg
LostWorldsA1-42-8.jpg

cbez

One Too Many
Looks pretty good imo. A1s are supposed to be fairly short in the body. The sleeves may be slightly short, partially because the cuffs are scrunched up a bit. In historical photos you tend to see a beefier cuff down to the thumb bone, that doesnt tunnel.

The shoulders look right.

Pits would be my sticking point. I don't like any pressure in the armpits. There is too much stitching in that area for it to break in. Your only option there is wear a thinner layer or get skinnier armpits. Depending on how tight it is you may get used to it or it may just be annoying forever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niicorobin246