Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Either these have somehow lost value over time or the seller doesn't know what they're selling, but that's THE jacket. If anyone wants to make a quick couple of thousand of dollars, BIN now.

Marlon-Brando.jpg
I heard for the movie the lining was removed. And that explains the awesome fit and look of this jacket!!

I'm not even sure if I'd want it... It's too valuable to be worn and having it sitting in a wardrobe is insanely stupid. I'd just like to see it.

dannyk

One Too Many
I'm not even sure if I'd want it... It's too valuable to be worn and having it sitting in a wardrobe is insanely stupid. I'd just like to see it.
That’s how I feel about some of these super valuable surviving pieces. Even the ones in mint condition that aren’t falling apart. I would just be overly concerned about it. Wouldn’t enjoy it, be afraid to touch it.

This version is actually more accurate that the one Bill Kelso copied. Look at the snap on the coin pocket flap - in the middle of the flap, just like in the movie! Textile lined belt, too!

My God...

Holy Grail of leather jackets.

Holy Grail if there ever was one.

I figured I was giving up a decent amount of loot posting it here and not flipping it, but you are making me suicidal lol.

I hope someone here snagged it. And not to flip it, though I get it, but to add it to their collection.

I can't understand why I didn't just ask the seller if they'd ship international. I saw the jacket and literally got scared of what I'm seeing. It's like... It's a project. Owning that jacket, selling it, whatever - it's a project. Yahoo Auctions, eBay, forums, here, there... Descriptions, photo comparisons, everything. But then you make money. Good money. And I got scared and was like let someone else deal with this and now I'm suicidal too.

I mean, the fact that it's more screen accurate than BK's one says it all.

And it's like, you can tell everyone "Oh, that's a nice jacket" while knowing you've got The One. Jacket that started it all.

Argh...

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not that I'd mind having a jacket in the 4+ oz HH though. :)
I was skeptical of this leather myself until I got my jacket from LW Upon receipt though it was love at first sight. So soft and comfortable yet quite thick and resilient. You may have a point about the grain compared to the lighter hide but I’m certainly going to do my best to bring it out in my LW.

Gamma68

One Too Many
Don’t kill yourself over a jacket with a 22” back length! Unless you are 5’2” that jacket is unwearable. Unless your pants are buckled around your neck!
Those Japanese sellers aren’t stupid either...

True enough, but who knows how accurate the seller’s measurements were. I doubt the shoulders are really 20” wide with a 21” chest. So who knows if that 22” length was correct.

I had a jacket at 22.75” length that I sold ... but it wasn’t an original Durable. I would have dealt with it on the Durable.

Brando’s jacket rode over his belt, and Japanese folks tend to be shorter than us Yanks. It’s one of those rare birds where you just have to hit BIN and sort it out later.

41162814-2304-45EE-8FCC-324281073A2B.jpeg

dannyk

One Too Many
Don’t kill yourself over a jacket with a 22” back length! Unless you are 5’2” that jacket is unwearable. Unless your pants are buckled around your neck!
Those Japanese sellers aren’t stupid either...
Hey now I’m tiny 5’7 135 I could have pulled it off and I freaked out as well. I didn’t know what to do!

Gamma68

One Too Many
^Danny MAYBE could’ve worn it. I don’t think you would Jeff. More importantly. You honestly think the Japanese would give away a jacket that valuable? They sell used, $200 Vansons on eBay for $800. LOL.

Seller was from the USA and seemed to not realize what he/she had.

I agree that fit is King. It’s just not clear if the seller got the length right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82