Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I know it’s somewhere in the above 150 pages but considering the speed of the site can anyone give me a brief synopsis of the issues with the early patterns.

mvilla

Practically Family
I know it’s somewhere in the above 150 pages but considering the speed of the site can anyone give me a brief synopsis of the issues with the early patterns.
I don't really like how mine sits on my shoulders, it bulges quite a bit and looks weird next to the collar.
I don't want to extend too long, but to summarise, the pattern of my Eastman and mainly my Lewis Leathers feel just that much more refined and adjusted.

mvilla

Practically Family
1000109025.jpg

1000109027.jpg

1000109026.jpg

1000109028.jpg

mvilla

Practically Family
If you look on Keenan's pictures you can see the same thing I'm referring to..I don't know if that is truly an issue, but I don't like it too much, even more so considering the "bespoke" part of it

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
If you look on Keenan's pictures you can see the same thing I'm referring to.
His first pattern had a chest (width between the armholes) that was too tight. The sleeves were too narrow, too much curve and a sleeve pitch that was slightly off. Second generation patterns had square shoulders. All generations were / are undersized imo (my 44 fits like a 42). I've seen the 'push against the neck' issue on several of his patterns. Kenan's Peter's repro has it too. I asked him about it when he just got the jacket because it looked really uncomfortable to me but he told me it's perfectly comfortable.

mvilla

Practically Family
His first pattern had a chest (width between the armholes) that was too tight. The sleeves were too narrow, too much curve and a sleeve pitch that was slightly off. Second generation patterns had square shoulders. All generations were / are undersized imo (my 44 fits like a 42). I've seen the 'push against the neck' issue on several of his patterns. Kenan's Peter's repro has it too. I asked him about it when he just got the jacket because it looked really uncomfortable to me but he told me it's perfectly comfortable.
Yeah, I don't have any comfort issue to speak about. I just don't like how it looks. I agree with you on sizing, this one is 44 whilst all my other jackets are 42. The measurements that I asked for are a mix betweent my LL and my Eastman. So one would think it would be a 42.

Edit: I was looking back at some of the fit pics here and yep, the issue is on several other...

Squirrel_hero

Familiar Face
I don't really like how mine sits on my shoulders, it bulges quite a bit and looks weird next to the collar.
I don't want to extend too long, but to summarise, the pattern of my Eastman and mainly my Lewis Leathers feel just that much more refined and adjusted.
Do you have his latest patterns? Chicago or Ohio?

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
I only know the first generation, which was exactly as Marc described. Beautiful, but unwearable for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squash_fav