Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
There's a company in this area that goes to Sloss quite often for photoshoots. It's a great place for steampunk-inspired shots, among other things.
A review of some of the pictures from Dim Horizon Studios should reveal several shots with Sloss as the background.

Wicked Wild Weather Weekend... The SECOND BLIZZARD of 2015 played host and background to my daughter's wedding. The venue, a Country Club on top of a former granite quarry in Quincy, Massachusetts, offers gorgeous views from the ocean to the hills, and includes the City of Boston to the north. The day of the wedding was the second day of dramatic weather. Fortunately, the snow stopped coming down a few hours before the event which allowed the roads to be cleared just in time. The Sun was bright, but the winds blowing the fresh snow was incredible. My Florida relatives commented that this was weather only seen in movies. Right.

The entrance to the venue...

The view from our eighth floor hotel window.

One of the shuttles arriving at the parking lot of the venue in the snowy wind. Might as well have been in Anarctica...

Looking outside, just before the wedding. What a SPECTACULAR, BEAUTIFUL, and GORGEOUS day! The photographers were delighted to have such pristine, dramatic backdrops, although the ultra-bright lighting did challenge them a bit.

Oh, the hat... In the hat check room, Stetson circa 1952 Homburg. It's the same one that I wore to my first daughter's wedding.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic! The snow, the storm.......Antartica starts here.
The proud father with a super abito e il giusto cappello.
Felicitazioni Charlie per tua figlia e tutta la tua famiglia

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Spectacular pictures, all.
Joao, Matt, great ones.
Dale, those are fantastic!
Charlie, gorgeous wintry shots-- and I don't say that lightly having to endure about 9 months of winter here in the plains!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Glad the big day was a success despite the massive challenge imposed by Ms Nature. Congrats Charlie. You always see the bright side of things!

Daniele, Bowlerman, RJR, Mikespens, Dale, RickC., Harv, and Che.... THANK YOU GUYS!!

Yes, the decision to schedule her wedding February 15 showed nerves of steel in my daughter. The weather was indeed a factor, but cooperative in that the snow stopped just early enough to leave breath-taking scenery. Less than ten guests (of 200+) called in as no-shows, but they were all "B" listers anyway! HA!! Every vendor was up to the task of getting there (flowers, music, food, etc.). So there were leftovers... what's wrong with that? I'm still bathing in the warm, euphoric afterglow.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Charlie, a belated congratulations for your girl. I was married on the dreariest day imaginable in Queens, N.Y. (and there's no place drearier on a bad day), but that was 34 years ago this Saturday. It was the best move I ever made. Actually, I thought your pictures looked really magical. All the best.

Thank you kindly, Bob! How could you tell it was a dreary day in Queens?!

I want to be the FIRST to wish you a very happy anniversary for 2015... 34 years and counting!!!

Before the wedding on Sunday, the Rabbi told a story of another couple who had been married for fifty years. Asked about their success, the husband replied that the arrangement was simple, and had been established in their earliest days. Day to day decisions, about small matters or things that really didn't count were made by his wife. If something was important, really mattered and was beyond the scope of his wife, HE would make those decisions. "But, you know what," he said, "In the last fifty years, I haven't had to make ONE decision!"

Dale, I have to ask about the coat and the boots. Woolrich? Whites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Greg...in the WHAYWT thread today it is indeed a Woolrich coat, but the boots are Fryes. In the last post I made on this thread I'm wearing red wings but I aren't wearing a coat, in case that's what you're asking about. Actually, that day it was cold enough for one, and I had left the house in a denim jacket, but my wife had said "it's not that cold out" and once we got there.....well, you know how these things go......

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Bumping this from the grave.
Today in Lisbon... too much wind to be comfortable to take more pictures, but managed to take some.
I tried to find a vintage tram but only come across those more modern trams (Che it was for you).
lisbon2150325.jpg

Went to D'Aquino store to see if they can help me to get a giant hat in 100% beaver...
daquinostore01.jpg

And when I was getting near my car this ship parked
lisbon20150325b.jpg

And this one was passing by
lisbon20150325c.jpg

And me trying to not get my hat blown away
20150325c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe