Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedorafest III Stratoliner from Stetson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
You know I'll take what I get and like it, but a mid size ribbon would be real nice. something like on the older Playboys before they went stingy.

Jeff

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
From what I've seen and read about this hat, I like it all. One thing I am curious about though, is what is the price point Stetsom/Major Mike have in mind for this hat? Will it be a quasi-custom available from ONLY Major Mike and if so will it be priced in the "custom" price range or will it carry a more "production" price point ? Any ideas?

From what I've seen and read about this hat, I like it all. One thing I am curious about though, is what is the price point Stetsom/Major Mike have in mind for this hat? Will it be a quasi-custom available from ONLY Major Mike and if so will it be priced in the "custom" price range or will it carry a more "production" price point ? Any ideas?

Mike won't move many if they are too closely priced to customs because who would pay that much for an off the shelf hat when you can get a custom at the same price point?
My idea is it will have to carry a production price point.

Edward

Bartender
I don't currently have a hat quite like that, so I'd definitely be in. Love the tan colour. As a general rule, I prefer a wider brim, but a Fifties spec'ed hat with a 2.5" brim is a really nice shape for wearing with a shorter jacket like a Harrington or a leather, IMO.

Omne

Familiar Face
I don't have anything in Silverbelly, I'd be very interested in it. As someone pointed out it would have to be a production price though or I would just order another custom hat from Mike.

majormoore

Vendor
The hat will be priced at the price point of a store hat, not a custom, at this time I have not even talked to Stetson on the price, I want the hat in hand first, I did tell them I would take the min order required on the hat once we gave it the green lite.

Major Moore

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
The hat will be priced at the price point of a store hat, not a custom, at this time I have not even talked to Stetson on the price, I want the hat in hand first, I did tell them I would take the min order required on the hat once we gave it the green lite.

Major Moore

Thanks Major. Will look forward to your next word about how it all is going for this project.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I was wondering if there had been any discussion on the hat being sold with an open crown; the one in the photos looks like it was hand creased which is encouraging.

It would be a shame if we were stuck with one of the Hatco factory creases.

Hopefully more will be revealed soon...

majormoore

Vendor
They will come to me in a open crown, 5 3/4" open crown

Major Moore

I was wondering if there had been any discussion on the hat being sold with an open crown; the one in the photos looks like it was hand creased which is encouraging.

It would be a shame if we were stuck with one of the Hatco factory creases.

Hopefully more will be revealed soon...

majormoore

Vendor
The two sample hats were shipped Thursday, once we have in hand and say yes or no, I will start working on the 1st order and pay for it as needed. We need a few days once the two hats have been looked at, by two people here on the FL other than myself, one was shipped to each of them.

Just a little longer to wait and we will post all the info at that time.

Major Moore

Link

One of the Regulars
The two sample hats were shipped Thursday, once we have in hand and say yes or no, I will start working on the 1st order and pay for it as needed. We need a few days once the two hats have been looked at, by two people here on the FL other than myself, one was shipped to each of them.

Just a little longer to wait and we will post all the info at that time.

Major Moore

Who are the two FL members looking at the hats, if I may ask?

majormoore

Vendor
Some things need to be kept a secert, sorry I swore not to tell who they are at this time but both know hats really good, if they say go, I buy, if they so no, I do not buy.

They will post once we have looked the hats over, I just do not want them to get side tracked before they can give the two hats a going over.

Hope you can understand

Major Moore
Who are the two FL members looking at the hats, if I may ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe