Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedorafest III Stratoliner from Stetson

Status
Not open for further replies.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Compare these two photos.
The first is a shot of Zetwals vintage Stratoliner.

0cecc6a9.jpg

thanks to Zet for the shot. If you should want I will remove it.

The 2nd is the modern open crown Stratoliner

032ye.jpg

It compares beautifully to the original. Looks like Stetson has done a good job. This one looks to be worth the wait. :)

T Rick

Practically Family
So what's going to be better and cooler, the FedoraFest III Stratoliner from Stetson, or the Heritage-grade Akubra Campdraft? I had to ask.
Sort of seems like the Akubra will be the quintessential reproduction of the vintage Open Road, while this Stetson offering will be the same for the Stratoliner. Since I have neither of the originals (yet anyway), I'm looking forward to owning both of these!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Cheers folks! The prototype looks like a really fine daily wearing hat. I like the dimensions showing in the pic. The taller 5 1/2 crown is certainly a nice feature. When they are avalable I would like to take the opportunity to order one.

Windy options: Does Stetson sell their modern models with wind trolleys? In my daily travels, I have been finding myself making use of the wind trolley when my hats have them. Could this new model hat come equiped with a wind trolley?

I realize that when creating a new prototype, you have every option to consider and then balance with the real issues manufacturing of the item, much less creating a product that will actually apeal to a larger market in order to make the whole project viable. I like what you folks have done. I appreciate the pics of the effort. Can you share with the forum any considerations that you have made along the way in your project?

No wind in my hair, Eric -

Last edited:

DougC

Practically Family
If this hat has a wind trolley, it would look almost excatly like one of my vintage Open Roads...same dimensions, even.

Brando11

A-List Customer
This really is a terrific thing. Looking at the original vs the new version, I am so impressed with the job that's been done here.

Thanks to all who were involved in this. Well done, fellas!

-Brando

RBH

Bartender
A wind trolly has not been discussed. I would not rule it out yet.....
But there are a few things being talked over that I think everyone will like.

I believe that Stetson and Mike Moore will have a hit!
When everything is settled and it comes time to order, it will be done from Buckaroo Hatters website.

I would also like to give Matt a big thanks for working with us and also for coming up with a few ideas of his own.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
A wind trolly has not been discussed. I would not rule it out yet.....
But there are a few things being talked over that I think everyone will like.

I believe that Stetson and Mike Moore will have a hit!
When everything is settled and it comes time to order, it will be done from Buckaroo Hatters website.

I would also like to give Matt a big thanks for working with us and also for coming up with a few ideas of his own.

THANKS, MATT!!!! Count me in for a size 7.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My next question is, is Hatco capable of making a modern version of the vintage Stetson 100 or Stetson 7x clear beaver in the Open Road style? If so, would it be as good as the old? I suppose they'll figure the market wouldn't be there. They know their market better than I do. But I think I would be a customer for under $500.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
My next question is, is Hatco capable of making a modern version of the vintage Stetson 100 or Stetson 7x clear beaver in the Open Road style? If so, would it be as good as the old? I suppose they'll figure the market wouldn't be there. They know their market better than I do. But I think I would be a customer for under $500.

Stetson makes an equivilent version of each though not in the OR style anymore, nor are they anywhere NEAR under $500.00 now. :) they are the 1000X Diamante = 100 and the 100X El Presidente would be the 7x clear Beaver equivilent today. I've a friend over in Ft. Worth that has a Diamante and it is a GORGEOUS hat but only comes pre-creased and wide brimmed Western style.

majormoore

Vendor
Let's get this one off the ground first and later on we can add other things on our wish list, I have to fork over the cash in advance to Hatco for x number of hats in several sizes. But this is what I wanted and what I had planned on doing.
There will be many more colors come down the road and as my stock levels build, I will and hope to have many hats to pull from with my shop inventory, so hoping down the road to supply ant request in color and size as we build other hats from this hat maodel.

Mike Moore, aka Major Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe