Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

Big J

Call Me a Cab
That pic of Tom Hardy gets me thinking about growing a beard again. But it's the same old problem- I don't want to be taken for a 'hipster'!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
This place is one of the last true sanctuaries where the hipsters haven't infiltrated. I know this because none of the jackets posted here are two sizes too small!

The day the hipsters catch onto our thing is the day where the heart of our hobby stops beating...our beloved jackets will become fashion accessories. Pecard's will be replaced by applications of PBR and dive bar vomit...

Last edited:

devilish

A-List Customer
Big J, just do it. **** the hipsters. They'll move on eventually. I've had a beard of one style or another for 30 years now. I'm just waiting them out. They've appropriated everything else my generation held up as cool but they get bored easily and will also soon grow up, get real jobs and breed. Minivans, mortgages and diapers will get them.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Possible N-3B??
image.jpg

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Big J, just do it. **** the hipsters. They'll move on eventually. I've had a beard of one style or another for 30 years now. I'm just waiting them out. They've appropriated everything else my generation held up as cool but they get bored easily and will also soon grow up, get real jobs and breed. Minivans, mortgages and diapers will get them.

Mortgages and diapers got me!
Yeah, screw it, I'm gonna see what I can do!

Big J

Call Me a Cab
That pic of Tom Hardy gets me thinking about growing a beard again. But it's the same old problem- I don't want to be taken for a 'hipster'![/QUOTE

Hmmmm....I never figured Worf as a hipster....I must ask him about it...:D

But Worf's got that manly Samual L with a dash of James Earl Jones intensity going on! All I got is my endless fight against my waistband. In fact, I think ButteMT61 is right, unless I get Noro Virus again, there's no way I'm gonna be svelte enough to be taken for a hipster.

devilish

A-List Customer
I have managed to lose 40lbs slowly over the last year. Luckily though I can still wear all my jackets, they now fit me better in fact. My shoulders are still the same width and arms the same length. It's just the middle that got smaller.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I'm glad there's big guys here to trade leather with. Otherwise it's all 38-44 stuff. I need to drop about 20 myself right now. :p

Me too. I was going great, and got back into lifting weights again, then pinched a nerve in my back, and did some muscle damage too. I've put another 6kg on in the shortest time. I've gone from looking at half belts to over coats....thank god it's winter here now...

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I think my wife is one of those 'feeders' I've heard about. She keeps trying to make me fatter.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
James Jabara, the second highest scoring ace in the USAF during the Korean War famously wore an A-2 during his first tour in Korea.

Not a very good photo but I've pinched this off the net, in my books it has a USAAF stencil on the left sleeve.

coree_jabara2.jpg

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
He was very well-known. His daughter married David Nelson and appeared on "The Ozzie and Harriet Show." I grew up in the NY area, and I remember my dad talking about him.

While not wishing to appear as a prig, prude, or puritan, I feel compelled to say that his daughter Kris was married to "Rick" Nelson (although at the time of his death they were divorced. Kris had some problems with drugs etc. and wigged out for a long while).

P.S. Harmon won he Heisman in 1940: Touchdown Tommy Harmon

mhVTuV7.jpg

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, I'd misremembered. One thing I do remember clearly was the quality of the musicians Ozzie got for Ricky's band. All were top-notch Nashville and L.A. session men.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82