Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Roland Garros, the prototype for the dashing fighter pilot! Yes, he is the one the famous tennis tournament is named after!
%20roland-garros_zpsgwenyzz5.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Lincoln Beachey, probably the most famous man in the world, now almost forgotten! The Great Beachey showed, you didn't have to dress like a bum to fly.
%20Lincoln_Beachey_cph.3a49742_zpsboy50hdr.jpg
%20Lincoln_Beachey_at_Niagara_zpsqt88ujob.jpg
%20fig1-2_zpsxfr6zz6r.jpg

pilot error

One of the Regulars
Romain Dauriac, French journalist. Married to Scarlet Johansson
a0bad1602cd605647b8ad00ffc7b95c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devilish

A-List Customer
Shame about what appears to be a truly horrible waist knit replacement on that USN jacket. Just goes to show you may be able to marry ScarJo but you still can't have everything.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
Tom Harmon th.jpg

He was on local TV so I saw him a lot. He played before face masks. I'd like to see a game in vintage equipment. I think it would be a much less rough and daring game. Some people might like things as they are; but I think "good hits," where one player tries to take the head off another, aren't really that entertaining. While I'm on the subject, I don't appreciate "tackling the ball" either (Thank you George Allen).

I think some guy will get killed on the field eventually and that'll be the beginning of the end (unless America's mothers kill the game first). Look at boxing and horse racing.

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
He was very well-known. His daughter married David Nelson and appeared on "The Ozzie and Harriet Show." I grew up in the NY area, and I remember my dad talking about him.

devilish

A-List Customer
Tom Hardy in what looks like an Aviation Leathercraft.

image.jpg2_zpsqxbilhb6.jpg

Gary Cooper in another sheepskin. Anyone know the type? I couldn't quite pin it down. It is very 'Irvin' like but none of the images I've seen show zips at the wrists.

image.jpg1_zpsjmeeiwds.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe