Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
^

tumblr_mubokxgk911qhftb6o1_r1_500.jpg

69444209.jpg

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Whilst digging through the photo section of the USAF website I came across some photos of Colonel Gail Halvorson who was the "Candy Bomber" during the Berlin Airlift (article). He's wearing a strange flight jacket in these photos and when I asked our own Atticus Finch to identify he speculated that it is the top half of a K-2 flight suit with knits added. Whatever it is, it's a damn cool jacket and maybe we can get Buzz to do a replica!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Whilst digging through the photo section of the USAF website I came across some photos of Colonel Gail Halvorson who was the "Candy Bomber" during the Berlin Airlift (article). He's wearing a strange flight jacket in these photos and when I asked our own Atticus Finch to identify he speculated that it is the top half of a K-2 flight suit with knits added. Whatever it is, it's a damn cool jacket and maybe we can get Buzz to do a replica!

K-2B Vietnam era flight suits, (the replacement for the above suit,) are pretty easy to come by and not very expensive. If you got one, it would probably not cost to much to have a knit waistband added!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up

There's a fellow in Japan who does MA-1 flight jackets and variants of them. This looks almost identical to one of his. I used to have a pic of it saved but cleaned out my folders earlier this year and sadly it got chucked. He's also got a blog page but I can't find it now - maybe someone here knows who I am talking about.

I'm not saying that it's the same jacket but from memory looks quite similar.

EDIT: Interestingly it appears looking at the third pic to have the high-vis orange lining.

Last edited:

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
thor said:
"The Hunter" 1980
That's one of my favourite films, for no reasons I can really articulate. And it's great to see an MA-1 being worn in a film, in fact McQueen takes the jacket off in only a few scenes, so this is a serious jacket movie! We have some more pics over on the MA-1 thread.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My Greenbrier '76: The McQueen Model?

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 296

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe