Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Redshoes51

One of the Regulars
Great to see all these nice families of The Lounge

My family ... as opposed to all this ..... nice thread .... whatever... doesn't mean a thing to me.

thats ok too...

Evidently, I come from a very dysfunctional family... it has been redefined several times by death... it seems to have become meaner and more vile with each passing death...

My oldest sister recently died, and several days later, we had her funeral and burial that morning... I was back at the university after lunch. A colleague and good friend asked of me... 'why are you here? I thought you would be with your family...'

My response to this friend was... " I am..."

I couldn't ask for a greater bunch of individuals than the ones with whom I work...

~shoes~

Last edited:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
He packed a lot of metaphor, wish, good versus evil and symbolism into that book / idea - kudos to Wilde. Nearly not a week goes by that I either don't see a reference to it or think of a situation where it would apply.

My daughter just finished reading it...and it wasn't for any type of school assignment. She just wanted to read it.

This is a robbery! :p

218959ffaacc804a3ab12ddba233f50d.jpg

Thanks. :) She loved it! She's also reading Sherlock Holmes and The Hobbit.

Some of my favorite classics that I read as a teenager were "The Great Gatsby," "To Kill a Mockingbird," "A Separate Peace," "A Cather in the Rye," "Death of a Salesman," and "The Age of Innocence." All of which I have re-read at least once (and I, literally, just re-read "To Kill a Mockingbird" in anticipation of Harper Lee's new book coming out). Just some thoughts if she is looking for other books to read that resonated with at least one teenager, back in the '70s. :)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Some of my favorite classics that I read as a teenager were "The Great Gatsby," "To Kill a Mockingbird," "A Separate Peace," "A Cather in the Rye," "Death of a Salesman," and "The Age of Innocence." All of which I have re-read at least once (and I, literally, just re-read "To Kill a Mockingbird" in anticipation of Harper Lee's new book coming out). Just some thoughts if she is looking for other books to read that resonated with at least one teenager, back in the '70s. :)

I want her to read To Kill A Mockingbird, as well. I've read that one at least three times. Such a classic.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I'm really curious to read "Go Set a Watchman." I am trying to keep my expectations in check so that I haven't set myself up for disappointment and not be fair to the book.

I'm hoping it's good, too. Too bad there was all that controversy surrounding it - of course, you know what they say: any publicity is good publicity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82