Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Here's the title from a currently live auction, presented here for your viewing pleasure...

Mens vintage fedora Stetson hat Flagshit in origin. box

:D :D :D

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful light gray Dobbs 15 with light lavender ribbon and nice wide binding. Not mine.

!BqL7iQQ!Wk~$(KGrHqYH-CoEu,nzjTn5BLupV85dlQ~~_12.JPG

!BqL60igCGk~$(KGrHqQH-DoEuZHZuVkqBLupSwFdDw~~_12.JPG

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Zanzibarstar said:
My first Homburg, a Maclachlan. It was labeled as a Cavanagh(because of the box it was in), so grabbed this as the only bidder. A bit of yellowing on the plastic lining, was very dusty, and smells faintly of smoke, but otherwise in pristine condition. Any ideas as to the age of this hat?
DSC00598.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice purchase sir. Looks to be in great shape. Don't forget to put it in the Homburg Nation when it comes in.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Nice Flagshit!

jimmy the lid said:
Here's the title from a currently live auction, presented here for your viewing pleasure...

Mens vintage fedora Stetson hat Flagshit in origin. box

:D :D :D

Jimmy, I am the original bidder on that one, and its just an 'early raise' (as in poker) to push away the bidders that don't belong there. I don't intend to chase it; will not be re-bidding. The box alone is worth more than my bid. I could have bid higher, say, $100, and maybe would not be outbid until the final minutes. Anyone unwilling to drop, say, $150, shouldn't be delusional about their chances of winning that one. It could go for less than $150, but that amount (and higher) is a fairly high likelihood.

I do that when I see a really nice hat in my size and nobody has bid on it yet. Not in every situation, because if there is a likelihood that the value of the hat will not be recognized (ie, might win it on the cheap), well I wouldn't want to spoil that for anyone (or myself). I do this for hats where the value is fairly obvious and the chance of it being overlooked is about zero.

blixa00

One of the Regulars

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe