Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

DoctorJ said:
HabigSweatband.jpg

This is what I could piece together of the sweatband. :( The stitching shows the reverse side so you can see the backing tape.

Thank you posting the additional pictures.

Wow you were not kidding about it disintegrating! That is a real shame.

Is the shop name Hut Müller? I can not see the town/city from any of the pictures. (Looking back I see it is from Stuttgart)

I think it would be tough to find a matching Habig sweat. If you did find one you probably would want to keep the hat.

As suggested Optimo might be your best bet. They put a liner in one of my vintage Habig bowlers and did a nice job. Habig made great hats.

DoctorJ

Familiar Face
Hut Müller is indeed the name.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

I may have to wait until I'm working again before I start sending out for repairs... Which of course, begs the question: "Why am I buying hats when I'm unemployed?"

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
I feel your pain

DoctorJ said:
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

I may have to wait until I'm working again before I start sending out for repairs... Which of course, begs the question: "Why am I buying hats when I'm unemployed?"

So we can look the part. :rolleyes:

relifline.jpg

Maynardville.jpg

LookingForaJob.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I've been Derby crazy lately. I guess I need to get a shackle and proper block and learn to make my own.

Anyway, I half-heartedly put in a smallish bid last night on this Dobbs Derby, and woke up this morning to find I had won it for a decent price. Best part is, it's my size. A little cleaning, and it should be fine. Looks to be 1922-'30s.

Brad

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
e-Bay Gripe!

Apparently, "pristine" means different things to different people; oh well, I should have asked specifically about moth bites.....

WearingnewOR005.jpg

WearingnewOR006.jpg

They really don't show much when wearing it, but the shadowing on a lighter hat does show them up some. I hate moths!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Brad Bowers said:
I've been Derby crazy lately. I guess I need to get a shackle and proper block and learn to make my own.

Anyway, I half-heartedly put in a smallish bid last night on this Dobbs Derby, and woke up this morning to find I had won it for a decent price. Best part is, it's my size. A little cleaning, and it should be fine. Looks to be 1922-'30s.

Brad

Nice score!

Jabos

A-List Customer
Mr. Paladin said:
Apparently, "pristine" means different things to different people; oh well, I should have asked specifically about moth bites.....

WearingnewOR005.jpg

WearingnewOR006.jpg

They really don't show much when wearing it, but the shadowing on a lighter hat does show them up some. I hate moths!
That stinks. Now you have me nervous about my last Ebay purchase that should arrive today. Can you use stick pin to "fluff" up that area? I saw someone mention that in a post but don't know how well it works.

DoctorJ

Familiar Face
moth marks

Jabos said:
That stinks. Now you have me nervous about my last Ebay purchase that should arrive today. Can you use stick pin to "fluff" up that area? I saw someone mention that in a post but don't know how well it works.

I've also used a pin/needle to get rid of moth bites. It probably depends how deep they are, and how thick the felt is. I'm by no means any kind of restoration expert, I can only say it's worked for me.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
That guy with the stubble is absolutely stunning. Clooney-esque in his perfect facial proportions.

It really does look like fashion ad. Very strange.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:

WearingnewOR005.jpg

WearingnewOR006.jpg

Mr. P., At the very least, I'd let the seller know that the hat was not as listed. They may offer a partial refund which would not be unreasonable under the circumstances.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
DoctorJ said:
Which of course, begs the question: "Why am I buying hats when I'm unemployed?"

A question which came up quite often in my house when I was unemployed, as well! :eek:

Now it's something about paying off bills... :p

Cheers,
Tom

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
Mr. P., At the very least, I'd let the seller know that the hat was not as listed. They may offer a partial refund which would not be unreasonable under the circumstances.

Thanks for the advice. I did contact him and he is issuing a partial refund. Seems like a nice guy so I'm happy to let it go now.

Thanks to all of you with the advice on nibble repair. I may try it or I may make this my new hog-huntin' hat; its really nice otherwise so I'll kick it around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld