Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Regardless what the facts are, between the guys sarcastic comment, sending me 5 messages and posting my info on here... all because he could have been wrong are totally out of line.

The way Scotf conducted himself through this to another member here and a potential buyer was wrong and totally out of control.

The only hats I've seen without stitching is in the 30s as you pointed out you have 2 side by side from the 30s with and without stitching.

In the 30s the brim on the playboy was slightly more narrow, the brim on his hat is large and I have yet to see a large one without stitching.

Wether it was altered or not makes no difference here, this is about my personal info being dropped on here because "he got mad"

I don't know why he got so angry he got sarcastic and when I pointed out his sarcasm is closed and narrow minded he started here with this dropped my name, sent me 5 messages..

The fact he got so angry was uncalled for, when I told him that it should have a stitched brim he should have did his research without sending me the sarcastic go screw myself comment before hand.

If he conducted himself without that or dropping my info here and said hey look it looks like some didn't have stitching he could have enlightened me enough to do my own research from there.

I wasn't the eBay police, I wasn't criticising your listing, I wanted to buy the hat and had a legitment question.

From your sarcastic comment I went a step further as a potential buyer to tell you how I felt about your sarcastic answer and that it seemed wrong to sell something like that and be so closed minded and I stand by that. Not because of the stitching but because of your actions Scotf.

I don't want to keep asking you to remove my personal info from your post you also put someone else's account in there, because of your unnecessary and unacceptable blind rage your crossing lines that shouldn't be crossed.
I don't pay attention to ebay user names myself, so had no idea this was you until you posted here, exposing your own self. So there is that...

By your writing here it doesn't sound like you asked him, but told him it should have a stitched brim, which is clearly wrong information.

Frankly, I can understand getting annoyed by someone telling you something that is wrong information as if it's gospel. As Alan explained in detail, there are indeed post war examples of Playboys without stitching.

The main thing to learn here is that back in the day there were myriad options to have in your hat and seeing one little thing different on a hat that is assumed as standard can get you in trouble.

I know nothing of what transpired between you and Scot through private messages (where this probably should have remained), but having it aired here publicly is getting tiresome.

Anubis

Familiar Face
Lol @ "regardless what the facts are."

Dropping my personal info has nothing to do with the facts, or who's right or wrong, just because the guy is or could be right doesn't give him free rein to just have a melt down and post personal info.

Would you agree or not agree with that? It doesn't matter who's right here I don't care if I was wrong.

He got so angry he dropped my info, spammed my inbox and made a post about it, that behavior shouldn't be okay

Anubis

Familiar Face
I don't pay attention to ebay user names myself, so had no idea this was you until you posted here, exposing your own self. So there is that...

By your writing here it doesn't sound like you asked him, but told him it should have a stitched brim, which is clearly wrong information.

Frankly, I can understand getting annoyed by someone telling you something that is wrong information as if it's gospel. As Alan explained in detail, there are indeed post war examples of Playboys without stitching.

The main thing to learn here is that back in the day there were myriad options to have in your hat and seeing one little thing different on a hat that is assumed as standard can get you in trouble.

I know nothing of what transpired between you and Scot through private messages (where this probably should have remained), but having it aired here publicly is getting tiresome.

I'm writing here because he spammed my eBay inbox and rubbed this post in my face, I can post a screen shot but I'm not going to cross the line he crossed.

He brought what happened on ebay here, he posted my information, just because he posted it doesn't mean I shouldn't reply to not expose myself. It's wrong and it shouldn't be there.

As Alan said what happens on ebay should stay on ebay, you yourself said it shouldn't have came here.

The guy cross the boundaries not me, and he did that because he came unglued over something petty, he had a crappy attitude that's what started this.

Apparently he was abused by eBay policemen but when a random buyer comes along to ask him questions he's so high stung he went off on me for being a eBay policemen.

He should just edit the post and remove my info from it. He shouldn't have gotten this mad, and I don't know why he got this mad but the way he handled and conducted himself here is what drew me into it.

I apologise for the double post, I'll edit them together later when I get out of class.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
My suggestion is to let this rest. You have been heard. This is a big place. You will connect with some and not with others. What happens on eBay stays on eBay. I'm sure the bartenders will help you further.

Although this is partially an ebay 'Gripes' thread, I kind of agree with you, which is why I put both of my ebay gripes in one post - I was venting and really wasn't concerned if either ebayer showed up here and had a meltdown. I figured it would be a short event and it would illustrate what I had been dealing with, which it did. This thread allowed me to vent and it also resulted in a warning to others.

What I learned from both ebay problem examples is to answer any reasonable question, which I did with both, and then when their response presents a problem, ignore it. Otherwise it gets ugly fast. I have a million things to do during a day, and arguing with someone who doesn't have a million other things to do, is a losing proposition.

I removed his handle, but I had reservations about doing so, for reasons that I think people here can understand.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I can post a screen shot but I'm not going to cross the line he crossed.

I would post them myself if I thought anyone cared, but I'm dead-certain no one does.

I removed your ebay handle from my initial post. Mine is runscott in case anyone cares. I'm kind of proud of it.

...when I get out of class.

This is starting to make sense. When you get out of class, I sincerely hope you have a great day and don't bother yourself further with this thread. I promise to do the same.

Tukwila

I would hit 'like', but I promised I would not re-visit this thread....wait
I didn't mean I hit ignore regarding your account, Sir. If I had, I wouldn't be able to see this post.

I hope you stay around!

I don't want anyone to leave. I have been dealing with a migraine this morning, and I hope my posts have not been too terribly contrary. Apologies if I offended anyone.

Last edited:

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I didn't mean I hit ignore regarding your account, Sir. If I had, I wouldn't be able to see this post.

I hope you stay around!

I don't want anyone to leave. I have been dealing with a migraine this morning, and I hope my posts have not been too terribly contrary. Apologies if I offended anyone.

I'm sorry - I was trying to be funny. But now I really do think I need to avoid this thread. I don't want to be around when recess lets out.

Anubis

Familiar Face
Thanks for removing my info from you post.

Your absolutely right you should answer questions but as a seller you shouldn't entertain arguements or give people sarcastic comments.

Nobody cares what you say here as long as you don't go posting people's information,you should agree with that as a known contributing member of this forum.

Thank you though.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Nobody cares what you say here as long as you don't go posting people's information

We care.

Tukwila - thanks for pointing out that button. It's the first time I've ever used it and I feel certain it will be the last. I have also unsubscribed to this thread and I apologize sincerely for bringing this guy into our forum.

eBay is a melting pot of all sorts. I’ve given up on taking offense or making corrections. There are also those here on the Lounge who can be boorish too and it’s best to just block them or otherwise ignore them. Still, every now and then something will get under your skin so I get the desire to vent. This now seems to be well-vented.

The bigger question is if the Playboy is in 7 5/8 or 7 3/4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Desert dog

That's the spirit!, get right to what matters most, the hat!
eBay is a melting pot of all sorts. I’ve given up on taking offense or making corrections. There are also those here on the Lounge who can be boorish too and it’s best to just block them or otherwise ignore them. Still, every now and then something will get under your skin so I get the desired to vent. This seems to be well-vented.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tukwila

eBay is a melting pot of all sorts. I’ve given up on taking offense or making corrections. There are also those here on the Lounge who can be boorish too and it’s best to just block them or otherwise ignore them. Still, every now and then something will get under your skin so I get the desired to vent. This seems to be well-vented.

7-1/2 Long Oval.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
There are Playboys without brim stitching. I've seen them posted here by a couple people @moontheloon ??? I forget the dates this was supposed to be, though.. kind of in the middle of the production years.
I have three of Moon's. Neither has a liner or stitching.
c7ec502d0ec0f1daea2a8ab62551ea1a.jpg
88ca8a02003e7e86ae71fe0cdaa3c138.jpg
fbb714f0590b4c3ff2762512935e5fab.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Hey man, WTH I presume? I love your website, it's got tons of great info. ...Edit: Oops, I guess you're the second guy? Still, welcome!

Don't get too worked up over here, I'm sure you've noticed most everyone is really friendly. I guess sometimes folks step on other people's toes, but for the most part we're all just sharing information with the rare complaint.

I hope you hang out more and post more information, I have not been posting long but the board can always use another expert.

All the best,
Daniel

I'm the one that messaged you about your hat, and I might bid on it.

However the response you have given me was totally sarcastic, I've only seen 1 person on here post a playboy without a brim stitching.

As far as I've seen way back from 1930 to 1950's they all had a single brim stitching.

In response to your sarcasm I told you it's sad how you could be so closed minded telling me sure they did in your sarcastic tone.

And when I awaken I see 5 messages from you that are 5 paragraphs each.

I still think it's sad how much money you could be pulling in from that hat, yet your going to tell a potential buyer something so sarcastic and narrow minded.

Chances are the hat your selling belonged to the fellow who posted his playboy without stitching.

You go so mad though to send me 5 messages and throw my name in a thread here.

You should be embarrassed and you should remove my name from you rage post.

You shouldn't have even have a problem with me, you gave me a sarcastic answer to a real question when I was planning on bidding on the hat because the price was so low. You gave me a sarcastic answer and you didn't like my response.

Real professional way to deal with people.. I wouldn't buy that hat from you because you'd know my address, you already posted my info here.

Youeve completly came unglued and need to get a grip on things, your most likely lieing about having 2 of these without stitching, you sent me 5 rage messages 4 paragraphs now each to the max amount of words aloud in a message..

Your looking in the middle of the night with a magnifyn glass for stitching holes, if it was brushed and ironed you wouldn't find any.

Then you finally posted my info and made tis rage post. Your completly out of control over this and you should be embarrassed. And you should apologise to me for this.

It's all okay that "you feel better" though, the collateral damage doesn't matter right?

I wanted to maybe buy that hat but you made this ugly telling me you have soo much more experience then I do, yet your checking your hat with a magnifyn glass. Next my post count is going to be a way for you to ,measure yourself up to me.

Remove this sleaze and my name.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe