Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

suitedcboy

One Too Many
carter said:
Perhaps the seller meant, "old, men's hats" rather than "old-men's hats". :)

Point well taken. For some reason when I read it struck me as old-men's hats and not as old, men's hats but reading it again and seeing "OLD Men's Hats" makes me lean towards the old, men's hats interpretation.

I may have been swayed by a teen's description of a friend who wears a cloth fedora as the "boy that wears old man kinda hat"....

randooch

I'll Lock Up
"Borsalino Challenge"

Anyone here ever complete a transaction with 'gladhatter'? he's the one who posts borsalinos as "pieces of crap," etc. I asked him why he has a reserve price if it's junk, and he gave me a sarcastic answer with links to (his?) forum. Just curious what's up with him.

duggap

Banned
randooch said:
Anyone here ever complete a transaction with 'gladhatter'? he's the one who posts borsalinos as "pieces of crap," etc. I asked him why he has a reserve price if it's junk, and he gave me a sarcastic answer with links to (his?) forum. Just curious what's up with him.
We have a policy of not discussing that particular individual. Let that guide you in your dealings.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
randooch said:

Hoo-chee mama... do a few searches here & you will be able to correctly ascertain the attitudes towards Mr. Swindell among the members who have had business w/ him.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Back to our regularly scheduled program

Just won these two from the same seller, Free Shipping! :D

7 5/8 Worth & Worth fedora: :D
lightbox_test_4_322_1225733355.jpg
lightbox_test_4_324_1225733358.jpg
lightbox_test_4_323_1225733356.jpg

7 3/8 Marshall Field & Co. Ecuadorian Supernatural Boater: :D
lightbox_test_4_327_1225733361.jpg
lightbox_test_4_328_1225733363.jpg
lightbox_test_4_329.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
How does that Worth & Worth fit, Carter? I saw that and wondered if one could undo a bit of the bash without reblocking. [huh] They sure look clean!

And thanks for the answer to my now unmentionable question, folks.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Nice pick-ups, Carter!

GoneSolo said:
Have you ever made an album with all of your lids? I'd like to see your collection.

I haven't done that yet, but perhaps one of these weekends I'll get around to it. ;) Good to see you posting here again, GoneSolo! :)

Cheers,
JtL

Hoss & da Posse

One of the Regulars
Not sure what I picked up in this Silverbelly Stetson (the seller described it as a driving hat and other than the Brand there's not much info), but it reminded me of all those Campdrafts and was only $12.29 + shipping...
As it was sold on the bay:
Stetsonf.jpg

Stetsons.jpg

Stetsonsw.jpg

And here it is after I rebashed it into something along the lines of those I've seen posted in various threads:
1109081658.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Even though a variation of that same logo is still used, that's an old one. early '50s? Maybe a bit earlier? The close stitching and sweatband color and texture give it away. Looks great on ya.

Ande1964

Practically Family
My Dream Borsalino- I hope!

I've been wanting this hat for a long time... a vintage Borsalino in a light, earthy color. Man, I hope it's what I want it to be in person! Also, since Borsos seem to run a little small, I hope it's close enough to my size to be stretchable for me.

Anyone want to guess on dating? Is this sweat reeded? I'm not good at spotting that.

194234059_o.jpg

194234002_o.jpg

Anj

carter

I'll Lock Up
The Well-Travelled Hat

tinmanzzz said:
You just bought a "OFFICIAL CANADIAN VISITORS" HAT Made in the USA from England :D :D :D
Am I Getting this right:p

Apparently. :)
I wonder what stories this hat could tell.
:cool2:

warbird

One Too Many
Recent ebay purchase. It's a Keeneland hat, a famous horse track and thoroughbred auction house in Lexington, KY, going back many decades. Hat reads it was 'made by Craftsmen'. I have heard this often was used by Champ. The Keeneland symbol used on the sweat is one that has not been used in decades.

Anybody have any idea of its age?

It is very very soft felt and easily creased. I really like the ribbon and binding style. It is in great shape. The crown is 5", the brim 2 3/4".

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00263-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe