Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Stoney

Practically Family
Nice hats guys

Carter, that Canadian Visitor hat is sharp.

Hoss,

You did a great job reshaping that one.:eusa_clap

Warbird,
Your's looks pristine.

Anj,

I really like the Borsalino..It reminds me a bit of this Whippet I just picked up,
although I'll have to do a little work on mine to get in back into proper shape.
TaupeWhippet.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
tinmanzzz said:
My Avatar is the Newest Hat wearing member of my Family( turns 2 Wed.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap ) my Grandson Chris
So I couldn't pass up a 6 3/8's 7X Peters Bros to help him out:D

Chris is one cute kid. Must take after his Grandmother. ;) :)

lc1484

One of the Regulars
I won this on ebay...can anyone give me some insight on this Dobbs stingy...it is clean, but the felt is like a synthetic type, very flimsy like a ballcap...it has a cloth sweatband that says COMFIT...

20 bucks shipped, i was curious...is it worth sending it out to put a leather sweatband on it? it is like a crushable hat

Larry
[huh]
dobbscomfit001.jpg

dobbscomfit002.jpg
dobbscomfit003.jpg

dobbscomfit004.jpg

Ande1964

Practically Family
Dobbs Crushable

If it fits, you should absolutely leave it alone. You have a valuable commodity there- a nice-looking, packable, fur felt fedora!

Anj

lc1484

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys..

It was different to me, so I wasn't sure of what I have...it is a little loose on my 7 1/2 noggin..it is more of a 7 5/8...is there anyway of making it fit?

Larry

Ande1964

Practically Family
Too Big

No... it will never work for you. I'll give you thirty bucks for it! ;)

With a cloth sweat, your shrinking options are going to be a little different. You should still be able to put some spacers behind the cloth sweat band. I highly recommend the felt spacers sold by Dwayne at thefedorastore.com

Anj

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Unlucky Berman

One of the Regulars
I've won this one some weeks ago (it took a while to get it shipped). Does someone know the hat maker? The seller said that she got it from an estate of a dancer named Jose Alvarez, who worked in the 1920/30s. I tried to get it, because I was looking for a grey hat. It fits well and the felt is really soft. Maybe I let it reblock one day. There is a spot at the back if one looks close enough, wich seems to be from wearing it during rain. But all in all it is in good shape for the age.

hut1.jpg

hut2.jpg

hut3.jpg

hut4.jpg

hut5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe