Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

MattJH

One Too Many
My favorite measurements for a hat are a 5 1/2" crown and a 2" brim. It's what works best for me. I skipped on this 7 3/4 Dobbs in those measurements, but jumped at this 7 5/8 Brooks Brothers from the same seller. I have the same hat in brown and have been looking for its gray counterpart (currently owned by user Ande1964) for over a year. Very happy about this one. Brooks Brothers make the best hats I've held, and they make my favorite hatboxes, too. Great deal for me.

Stoney

Practically Family
Disney Homburg

I just had a haircut , so I'll have to wait a bit before it may fit.

Disney.jpg

Nice score DJ .

I like that fuzzy one Carter.

Gary, That green one looks great.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I love this hat, even though I don't think that the ribbon is the reddish color that it reflects. It's old, it's pretty, and it's vita-felt.
76b3_1.JPG

6f20_1.JPG

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
I had a mixed day on the bay today. I lost one hat I wanted really bad by $1.00, but I did get these two hats for right at $35 including shipping. They are both one size to big, but a piece of felt under the band should take care of that. The first is a Knox Fifth Ave, and the other is a Champ of some sort. I've seen both brands mentioned here on the Lounge, but don't don't know much about either of them. But for that price I couldn't pass them up. On both hats I'm paying more for shipping than I did for the hat.

The Fifth Ave.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=180303409712

The Champ
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=260308956008

Ande1964

Practically Family
DOBBS FIFTH AVENUE

Just got a good deal on a vintage Dobbs Fifth Avenue. It has some moth nibbles, but it doesn't look like they're very conspicuous. I'll have to dunk it in Coleman fuel when it arrives, to be sure the little critters are dead.

It looks pretty nice. If it's very green, it'll be redundant in my collection. I'm hoping it's more brown.

190898392_o.jpg

190898460_o.jpg

Anj

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Really.....?

Ande1964 said:
Just got a good deal on a vintage Dobbs Fifth Avenue. It has some moth nibbles, but it doesn't look like they're very conspicuous. I'll have to dunk it in Coleman fuel when it arrives, to be sure the little critters are dead.

It looks pretty nice. If it's very green, it'll be redundant in my collection. I'm hoping it's more brown.

190898392_o.jpg

Anj
I think the color showing is awesome. :eusa_clap

Ande1964

Practically Family
I dunno!

Well, to be honest, I don't see color that well- greens in particular. I just know that I have a green fedora, so I'm hoping this one is a little different.

Not that I don't occasionally keep two hats that are more or less the same!

Anj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe