Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Wishful thinking...

Summer thoughts with Panamaniac Shirt
4383161996_1b71a4fe5f_o.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/J-T-Vtg-Fedora-...ccessories?hash=item335a7f816c#ht_2497wt_1167

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
I won this beauty on eBay Sunday the 21st.

Swank gray Penney’s Marathon 3 X Beaver fedora with a black grosgrain band. Water Repellent Treated.

marathonhat01.jpg

Brim: 2-3/8”

Width: 11”

Length: 12-1/2”

Height: 4-3/4”

Interior Circumference: 21"

It should be in my hot little hands by Friday. Can't wait!

RJ:)

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
mustangman3000 said:
Hi everybody! This is my first time to post! And I just bought my first vintage hat off ebay!

Love the site!

Welcome aboard, Mustangman! And congratulations on your first vintage hat--it sure looks like a winner to me!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
Tom

KevKaos59

Familiar Face
Just got this one in the mail today.

I bought this hat on a whim since I saw that I could get it cheap and worse case, use it as a beater. It is a Bond hat and the sweatband is labeled "Executive Group". Found a price sticker inside the sweatband labeled $10.95. A little disappointed to to see what looked to be very old hardened hair tonic on the plastic liner cover that was very yellow, and some unidentified gummy sort of substance on the underside of the brim in the back which would show clearly when snapped up. I was able to clean up both problems with only my rookie knowledge. Brushed it all off to clean it up and I think it looks really good now if I do say so myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170442472671&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
Given the same vintage period, the rating looks like:
Royal
Royal Deluxe
3X = 15
Sovereign = 20
50 = 7X Clear Beaver
Westerns have a different scale of their own...
I'm not sure when or where 4X came into play & I have heard of a 150 but that may just be urban/rural legend... [huh]
Thanks for the re post Tom.
Tom D.

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
Mario said:
Wow. For some reason this one has escaped my attention... A beauty! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I thought you would like that one Mario. It's got your style written all over it. We share a similar taste in hat proportions.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Redwoodjedi said:
Swank gray Penney’s Marathon 3 X Beaver fedora with a black grosgrain band. Water Repellent Treated.

marathonhat01.jpg

Interior Circumference: 21"

It should be in my hot little hands by Friday. Can't wait!

and on your hot little head ;) I'm waiting for a Marathon in my waterhead-size, and when it gets offered on the bay, I don't have the funds to buy... :(

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Chinaski said:
That Dunlap sweat is fantastic, and the Stetson liner is awesome! I don't think I can pull off a bowler, however.

Yes, I wanted that liner, and I have a friend who wants the rest of the hat.

-- doner bowler owner

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
djgo-cat-go said:
and on your hot little head ;) I'm waiting for a Marathon in my waterhead-size, and when it gets offered on the bay, I don't have the funds to buy... :(

I hear ya' 5 X 5 on that one djgo! That was my first eBay win in about 100+ attempts. Those last 10 or 20 seconds on a bid are killer!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld