Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

blixa00

One of the Regulars

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I own a Cervo. It has the exact same liner as yours. I bought mine old new stock from Worth & Worth in New York. They don't sell then anymore. All I have to say is that my Cervo is one, if not the nicest, highest quality hat that I own. You can probably email W&W for more details about the brand.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano said:
I own a Cervo. It has the exact same liner as yours. I bought mine old new stock from Worth & Worth in New York. They don't sell then anymore. All I have to say is that my Cervo is one, if not the nicest, highest quality hat that I own. You can probably email W&W for more details about the brand. Also, I don't think Barbisio and Cervo are related.
Current Italian Barbisio labelled hats are actually made by Cervo.

Artie

Suspended
Stetson Select Homburg I think I got a pretty good deal for 33$. It looks like it's in great condition. I think people must have been watching that Playboy that ended a minute before this. A Select makes this probably late 30's?

BmDhzMB2kKGrHqMH-DMEtqjRYc1BLeKfc2-.jpg

BmDjMpwBmkKGrHqQH-EIEtrWSB5GBLeKkpl.jpg

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
I am sure everyone without a size 6 7/8 and 7 head says this daily when looking at the prices of things on ebay but..i just got to get this out of my system.......Sometimes just sometimes...I wish my head was a little smaller lol [huh]

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:

Tango Yankee said:
Yeah, that would be mine. As if I really needed another brown Batsakes Bros fedora!!! Well, not needed, perhaps, but wanted. :D

Got this hat in today. Turns out that it's not 23", more like 22" and maybe an eighth. I had purchased another hat from the same seller, a Champ Featherweight of an unusual color combination. It had a listed measurement of 22" but I bid on it thinking that my wife might be able to wear it, or perhaps my nephew. It, too, turned out to be almost an inch short of what was advertised. On top of that, I realized that as I hadn't caught that they were from the same seller I'd paid for them as they were won, which meant paying for shipping for both. She shipped them together in the same box.

I've sent her a message suggesting a partial refund on the hat size issues and a refund of the difference between what I paid and her actual shipping costs.

There is one thing interesting about the Batsakes hat. It appears to have a type of Cav edge! There's a line on the top that looks like it could have been where the stitching may have been originally, but there's no such line on the underside of the brim. It definitely appears to be felted back into itself. I'll try to get a good closeup of it later.

Regards,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Thanks, Tom. It will be interesting to see what color your turns out to be, since the Seller describes it as dark gray! :eek: [huh] ;)

Cheers,
JtL

And the description was more accurate than the photo! :eusa_doh:

Actually, it's a very nice charcoal gray. I like it. :D

Cheers,
Tom

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
Salty O'Rourke said:
I was watching that one - nice looking hat but the wrong size for me, and that might be what scared folks off, some uncertainty as to whether it's a true 7 1/8 or not. That and a high opening bid might have stilled some trigger fingers. You lucked out!

In the stetson quality scheme , royal deluxe is lower than royal right?
Sorry to ask but I dont have the tools to figure this one out myself, I heard you need a divining rod and a einac super computer to figure stetson quality designations out.lol lol lol

einac.jpg

geuu_02_img0335.jpg

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
jeffconnors said:
In the stetson quality scheme , royal deluxe is lower than royal right?
Sorry to ask but I dont have the tools to figure this one out myself, I heard you need a divining rod and a einac super computer to figure stetson quality designations out.lol lol lol

Royal Deluxe is better. There is a thread of Stetson Quality designations around here some place.
Tom D.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
St.Ignatz said:
Royal Deluxe is better. There is a thread of Stetson Quality designations around here some place.
Tom D.
That is assuming they were made at the same date. Then the De Luxe is the next higher price point. Different vintages may result in various relative(and subjective) comparisons.

Given the same vintage period, the rating looks like:
Royal
Royal Deluxe
3X = 15
Sovereign = 20
50 = 7X Clear Beaver
Westerns have a different scale of their own...
I'm not sure when or where 4X came into play & I have heard of a 150 but that may just be urban/rural legend... [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld