Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
mink Borso
340353137_tp.jpg
340353162_tp.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Very old bound-brim fedora. I was going to make an offer but was still scratching my head when someone else beat me to it:
so maybe your Stetson is original after all. [huh]

ScottF said:
.given the misleading porkpie storage bash,

I wouldn't be too stunned, if i were you, if it arrives and is very low crowned. I have two early Borsalinos that were made for the French market that have low crowns and wide brims. One i know for sure was bought in 1938. Both are "porkpie" bashed. They are not tall enough in the crown for anything else. The one you won doesn't appear to have a great excess of felt in the crown.

bk

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
I wouldn't be too stunned, if i were you, if it arrives and is very low crowned. I have two early Borsalinos that were made for the French market that have low crowns and wide brims. One i know for sure was bought in 1938. Both are "porkpie" bashed. They are not tall enough in the crown for anything else. The one you won doesn't appear to have a great excess of felt in the crown.

bk

I had one of those too - French hattery stamp on the sweat, and it even had the export tag under the sweatband. It was about the same color as this one (from what I can tell) but too big :(

I actually like porkpies, so I'll be fine with it if that's what it is.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Well, this is a first...

There I was, browsing the Lounge, when an e-mail arrived giving me a "Second Chance Offer" on a lid that I had lost out on last week. Not a lot of info from the Seller in the original auction, but I figured it might be worth snagging if the price was right. For $129, this green Knox Premier is heading my way...;)

KnoxBay-1.jpg

KnoxBay-2.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
Thanks Scott. You can also end up with a Porkpie when someone smacks you on the top of the head while wearing a soft hat...;):)

My girlfriend has been threatening to turn all my hats into porkpies.

But seriously, that hat is gorgeous. I'm trying not to spend $$ on higher quality hats like that one, but couldn't resist putting in what I still thought was a relatively low bid for the value of the hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82