Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It's not perfect, but vita-felt is pretty hard to find. Congrats to the winner.
339935285_tp.jpg
339935783_tp.jpg
339935861_tp.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The vicuna really caught my attention. From the look of the leatherette case and the plastic container, I was guessing that they were 70s or 80s items, but they're new to me as well.

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Lefty said:
The vicuna really caught my attention. From the look of the leatherette case and the plastic container, I was guessing that they were 70s or 80s items, but they're new to me as well.

I really can't swear to this, but...I believe I've seen things like this in the 1960's or early 1970's. Not necessarily by Stetson but offered for sale as an alternative to the horrible metal-spring connected ear muffs that were then standard, that you got as presents from aunts and uncles, etc. I might have even gotten them (the sort illustrated) at some point but never wore any ear muffs as they made me feel far too dorky. You know how it is at that age.

- Bill
(who still thinks they are a little dorky...but chacun a son gout!) :p

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I think I got a good deal here...

Royal Stetson, 7 3/8.

%21BkRLW5wBWk%7E$%28KGrHqMH-DkEs95znKcIBLW3P6CzW%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

Another one of those that I bid what I thought would be a low bid for a hat like this, and it didn't come close. It's from one of the best hat sellers on ebay, too. I'm chuffed, as my UK friends would say! :D

Cheers,
Tom

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

to both of you! And Robert, let me know when you're selling the spares! I really wish I had that sort of luck. But one day, maybe. Getting an eBay account, instead of borrowing from my friends, might help...

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Tango Yankee said:
Royal Stetson, 7 3/8.

%21BkRLW5wBWk%7E$%28KGrHqMH-DkEs95znKcIBLW3P6CzW%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

Another one of those that I bid what I thought would be a low bid for a hat like this, and it didn't come close. It's from one of the best hat sellers on ebay, too. I'm chuffed, as my UK friends would say! :D

Cheers,
Tom

Tom, you did great! Glad you're the won who won it!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
I was really surprised when I checked my watch list and saw what that one went for. Great deal. :eusa_clap

What ever happened to Mingo?

I was quite surprised, too, but very pleasantly so! :D I kept expecting it to do the usual last-minute skyrocketing bids. Even more of a surprise, I did it without using a sniper!

As for Mingo, good question! I just checked and he's not posted since last August! :eek: I hope he's OK...

Regards,
Tom

P.S. I just realized I used lots of exclamation points!!! Just like those soap opera comics that only use exclamation points and question marks!!!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Tango Yankee said:
Thanks, Scott!

Tom - I gotta tell you - I wanted very badly to see the sweatband label on that hat, but the seller didn't get my request in time to provide it...thus, I didn't bid. I'm glad it went to someone who'll love it!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Borsalino Porkpie

...Bwahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!

Just won this Borsalino for a paltry sum - given the misleading porkpie storage bash, this fedora has obviously been stored for close to 100 years. Unless another lounger can show evidence of another Borsalino fedora that has sunk into a porkpie, I'm claiming that this is the oldest Borsalino in existence!

Borsalino Fedora disguised as Porkpie

...okay, I'm through with porkpie storage jokes.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
ScottF said:
...Bwahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!

Just won this Borsalino for a paltry sum

Sweeeeetttttt!!!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dark, lousy photographs, odd crease, and Euro sizing all added up to a great deal for you! Congratulations!

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82