Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Champ, 7 3/8
!BTOcm-Q!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-C4EjlLl0-E2BKHV0YruW!~~_1.JPG
!BTOct2!CGk~$(KGrHgoH-DUEjlLlzqhLBKHV0zHRyw~~_1.JPG

Inusuit

A-List Customer
Feraud said:
The cut folder is a good idea for measuring the inside of a fedora.

I have to ask.. if the size tag was pictured why did you need a measurement?

Maybe because some vintage hats have shrunk from being left in a hot car, on a radiator, or just because they are 50 years old. Less commonly, a hat may have been stretched. I have several vintage and a couple of modern Stetsons and the actual size varies even when the tag reads 7 1/2 LO.

Feraud

Bartender
I see what you mean.
My experiences must differ because of all the vintage hats I've owned I've never had a hat marked my size not fit.
They may run slightly tight or large but not to the point where it was an issue. Just lucky I guess..

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The size is really the main factor in price hikes. The larger the size, the more contenders there will be. I'm lucky to have a pin head - I've gotten great vintage hats in great condition for cheap because of it. Also, as stated countless times earlier, this lounge has undoubtedly driven up the price of vintage anything :)

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feraud said:
The cut folder is a good idea for measuring the inside of a fedora.

I have to ask.. if the size tag was pictured why did you need a measurement?

Just within the last month I sent a Borso Alesandria that was clearly labelled a 7 1/4 to Optimo for a resize because it was quite snug when I received it.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
This had been up for a long time before I posted it in another thread. Purchased for a best offer of $90. :eusa_clap
gaby2005molde1.jpg

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:

Dang. I was going to set a sniper on that one and forgot to do so. When I tried this morning we had thunderstorms in the area so I didn't have Internet access. (Have I mentioned that I hate Hughes.net?:rage: :rage: :rage: )

Ah, well... there'll be others! :p

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe