Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
GWD said:
Oh yeah! I won this one a few days ago!

I figured I NEEDED one! It wasn't a want.

Cool looking hat.....but I just can't see myself wearing one of those.

Would love to see a photo with you wearing it. Post one when you receive the hat.

Randy

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
GWD,

I just checked out your collection. Awesome. I'm just starting mine. I have 2 new Stetsons.....purchased before I became a FL'er. And I've got my Grandfather's vintage hat from the 50's. Check it out HERE.

Recently, I've won several vintage fedoras on eBay, including an Open Road, 2Cavanagh's and a Mallory. I'm bidding on a Knox, a Dobbs, and a vintage Borsolino. Lastly, I'm ordering a custom from Art....waiting to receive the conformer.....and a Montecristi from PB. Whew !!!!

Still hoping to pick up a Whippet and a Stratoliner.....maybe someday.

So, as you can see, I've kinda gone hat-crazy lately. But I've always loved them.....just had to open the flood gates.

Hope to post my own gallery soon.

How do you store your collection?

GWD

One Too Many
AlanC said:
You some kind of sissy--that's a woman's hat! lol

That chick's got a big head! :p

Thanks for the compliments guys! I appreciate them.

I have an obsessive personality and hats are definitely at the top of my list right now.

shortbow

Practically Family
Hey! Which one of you guys won that Stetson 100 today? I went to $150, hadda go out, got back online, found it went for $191.50. Just so you know, I really wanted that lid, so I hope whoever won it gets lotso miles out of it.:( :)

RPeers

One of the Regulars
The real question is, does the stetson 100 Beaver have anything to do with the Stetson One Hundred (I noticed that the Stetson Insignia did not have The One Hundred over it as did the other examples I have seen pictures of)
c9af_1.JPG

IMG_3660.jpg

Viper Man

Banned
Thanks, guys. I was really taken with this hat upon first seeing the listing. Hopefully it will be as nice in person! It appears that the button is missing from the wind trolley but I could probably replace it. In the description, the wind trolley was called a "chin cord". I found that pretty amusing!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Viper Man said:
Thanks, guys. I was really taken with this hat upon first seeing the listing. Hopefully it will be as nice in person! It appears that the button is missing from the wind trolley but I could probably replace it. In the description, the wind trolley was called a "chin strap". I found that pretty amusing!

Got an auction link?

Viper Man

Banned
Thanks, Rick. I'll be sure to post some photos when it arrives. I usually ditch the feathers on my hats but I believe I might leave these. i think they look really cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe