Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Woodfluter

Practically Family
AlanC said:
My understanding has been that 6 punti = 7 3/8 (59), so if it feels a bit small to you then that's probably right.

As I am a 7 3/8 I would be happy to forward my address to you. ;)

OK, what you said seems about right (apart from sending it to you). :rolleyes: But now I'm wondering just how the labeling works. Can anybody help me figure it out? If punti is C/(1 + hatters pi) = C/4.135, and it's inches we're talking here, then 7-3/8 has C = 7.375 x 3.145 = 23.19 inches, and Punti = 23.19/4.145 = 5.596 or 5 plus 4.8 eighths. If marked by eighths (my logical but unsupported supposition), that would be a 5.

I am so confused.:eusa_doh:

Wait, I think I get it now - punti is whatever you think it should be plus 1!

- Bill

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
There was a Whippet listed on ebay recently but suddenly it's gone, so I can't post the link. It's black. I just wonder will it still be rushed due to the fact that it's Whippet, even though it's black?

Will you chase black Whippet? :)

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Stoney said:
It's a flange stand. Place the flange on top of the stand, then the hat fits crown first into the flange.

Nice for the price. I need one too. LOL

Me too, but I'd never be able to explain that to Carole. "It's a what? You're going to use it for what? Are you crazy?"

But seriously, very nice grabs y'all. Lancelot, if you are a long oval and haven't been wearing one until now, it's gonna spoil you...don't say you haven't been warned.

- Bill

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Punto explained

Woodfluter said:
OK, what you said seems about right (apart from sending it to you). :rolleyes: But now I'm wondering just how the labeling works. Can anybody help me figure it out? If punti is C/(1 + hatters pi) = C/4.135, and it's inches we're talking here, then 7-3/8 has C = 7.375 x 3.145 = 23.19 inches, and Punti = 23.19/4.145 = 5.596 or 5 plus 4.8 eighths. If marked by eighths (my logical but unsupported supposition), that would be a 5.

I am so confused.:eusa_doh:

Wait, I think I get it now - punti is whatever you think it should be plus 1!

- Bill

http://www.villagehatshop.com/The-Punti-Hat-Sizing-System.html

GWD

One Too Many
Just won this Stetson Sovereign, I bought it based on the 22" circumference in the description.

Turns out to be a 7 3/8 Long Oval! I'm cleaning it up as we speak and will probably re-list it on ebay.

The box is worth the auction price, it's made out of a hard chip board material.

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
GWD said:
Just won this Stetson Sovereign, I bought it based on the 22" circumference in the description.

Turns out to be a 7 3/8 Long Oval! I'm cleaning it up as we speak and will probably re-list it on ebay.

The box is worth the auction price, it's made out of a hard chip board material.

Wow. Great hat. I wanted to bid on it, but thought it would be too SMALL (I'm a 7-1/8). You'll make money on the re-sale, though.

waffle

One of the Regulars
GWD said:

wow, pretty nice.. that might fit me.. let me know if you ever put it back up on ebay :)

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
Ok....who won these 3 eBay auctions????

Just lost 3 hats on eBay.........which one of you guys won these?

Disney

Dunlap Straw

Royal Stetson ---- I REALLY wanted this one. Whoever bought it.....do you have more details on this one? Really nice!!! Congrats on the win.

Randy

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
GWD said:
I won the Dunlap Straw I've been watching it since it listed. I was also watching the Stetson but I had to make a choice between the two.

Awesome.....I SO wanted that hat, but decided it was getting too expensive. I'm orderering a dark Panama Cuenca from PB instead......figured it would accomplish the purpose for a little cheaper:

IndyStraw2.jpg

Not as classy as your Dunlap, but nice still.

I went after the Stetson, but chickened out at about $65.

Congrats on the Dunlap !!!!

Randy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe