Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

ccorsair

One of the Regulars
Well this one came in http://www.ebay.com/itm/STETSON-MEN...qqfFyK%2FkXymLjIwN63c%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc Will get some pictures up soon.. This one will bees some cleaning the liner needs it bad. Its a nice deep brown almost looks black.
Not the worse hat I got yet but still needs some TLC. Fits now for 6 7/8th, Any one know of anyone who is in the Sacramento CA area cleans Fedora type hats?
I'm going to have to make run to some place in the bay area I am guessing .
This was impulse buy at the price and all wasn't thinking about my rules of questions and getting more pics.. but at this price plus low shipping it wasn't going to break the bank and it can resale at the same if it turn out to be less than what cold see.

size tag taped back as it was ripped in two No tags under the brim no store branding so it most like a newer hat but I could be wrong.. It is another Sovereign.. And I am not seeing any bits at all so far nothing I can see but that one reason I thin it is newer hat the long stored the better chance of bits over time if not stored right.
Over all happy with the buy.

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao,

Look me up if you get to California, I'll show you the Bay Area & the North Central Valley.
John you are one of the loungers I really want to met. I also want to cross the Golden Gate bridge as it is the "sister" bridge of the "25 de abril" bridge here in Lisbon and also go to a beach in the Pacific coast.
I still don't know if I'll have the time needed to do all I want.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
John you are one of the loungers I really want to met. I also want to cross the Golden Gate bridge as it is the "sister" bridge of the "25 de abril" bridge here in Lisbon and also go to a beach in the Pacific coast.
I still don't know if I'll have the time needed to do all I want.
No matter what you will be welcome at many "loungers home", and you already know you are very welcome here at our home.

fedoracentric

Banned
OK, experts, answer me this...

Is this hat...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MEN...E-/371174164922?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

A Stetson contract?

In one of the photos it sure looks like a Stetson size tag!

I sent a note asking the seller if there were any inventory stickers hidden behind the sweatband but the seller never bothered to reply and I wasn't willing to bid on it on the *maybe* that it has Stetson stickers inside.

So, what do you guys think?

ccorsair

One of the Regulars
yes nice hat but with no really info on the "Stetson tag i would have pass if it was something wanting. the size tag is like the one in my royal Stetson but Other than that.. It just nice off color hat.. Looked clean.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Put in an early am lowball offer & was pleasantly surprised when it was accepted at once.

I have hat his hats in the past & didn't care much for 'em. They try to balance cowboy/Aussie/fedora gap & be everything to everyone. The panama is thick & woody too, imo. But I had never seen a straight-up 2 3/4" (2 1/2" ?) brim fedora, no stampede string holes. Looks as though it's got a decent crown heighth, very plain, I like the look. Does anyone else have one of these, impressions?

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Wait and see...

Hi gang, my wife suggested I got myself a christmas present from her, knowing I wanted a pork pie but not one of those "cheap-expensive" ones they sell at the Brussels hatters, so I got onto http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/291276443437?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648 and bought it. Haven't got it yet (will report back in due time) but my theoretical construction is
1) like the looks (if necessary will recrease the pork pie a bit and put the crown up all-round) and the color
2) it's a Stetson and it's a real Stetson (the sweatband looks very nice, wide, brown, well sewn..."Royal Deluxe"...screams 1950's to me
3) meaning that ain't no wool felt (crossing my fingers)
I speculate outside the stock market...
Paul

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I don't normally like to do this, but I just saw a listing that just couldn't go without a mention, for a decent Dobbs homburg, listed at one thousand dollars, and ten bucks shipping. No historical significance was noted. Wha???

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I think these listings (along with others that appear in our own classifieds) are valuable in that the frequent head slaps help minimize the dust that accumulates from storage.

fedoracentric

Banned
I don't normally like to do this, but I just saw a listing that just couldn't go without a mention, for a decent Dobbs homburg, listed at one thousand dollars, and ten bucks shipping. No historical significance was noted. Wha???

That's cool. I also just saw a typical and pretty common JC Penny Marathon from the 50s/60s that the seller was SURE was worth $550! In a tiny size 7, yet.

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
Hi gang, my wife suggested I got myself a christmas present from her, knowing I wanted a pork pie but not one of those "cheap-expensive" ones they sell at the Brussels hatters, so I got onto http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/291276443437?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648 and bought it. Haven't got it yet (will report back in due time) but my theoretical construction is
1) like the looks (if necessary will recrease the pork pie a bit and put the crown up all-round) and the color
2) it's a Stetson and it's a real Stetson (the sweatband looks very nice, wide, brown, well sewn..."Royal Deluxe"...screams 1950's to me
3) meaning that ain't no wool felt (crossing my fingers)
I speculate outside the stock market...
Paul

The chances of that hat being wool are about zero.

Tom

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82