Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

fedoracentric

Banned
I can't wait to see the stickers inside. If you are right about the manufacturing date, with the ability to precisely date that hat, we can have an exact year around which the inventory stickers in that one were used! If there are any ink stamps lots numbers and the like on the sweatband, we also get a benchmark for that! This one could help put some of our thoughts in perspective.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I can't wait to see the stickers inside. If you are right about the manufacturing date, with the ability to precisely date that hat, we can have an exact year around which the inventory stickers in that one were used! If there are any ink stamps lots numbers and the like on the sweatband, we also get a benchmark for that! This one could help put some of our thoughts in perspective.

I am also excited to see all that this hat has to reveal. Hopefully the tags are still intact and there are legible stamps underneath the sweatband. Based on the fairly extensive research I have done, "The Event" was released by Stetson for the 1915 Fall/Winter season. I have gone through every American Hatter issue and Clothier & Furnisher issue and can find no mention of this hat past 1915. Now, because it was a fall/winter 1915 hat, production could have been leaked over into early 1916, but I have no way to prove or disprove that. I can pretty much narrow it down to about a 6 month window. The earliest month I have seen a mention of this hat in the ad photos I have collected is August 1915.

Just a guess, but in 1915 Stetson was given awards at the Panama–Pacific International Exposition. The reason they could have named this hat "The Event" was in reference to that Exposition. This ad for "The Event" seems to connect the Exposition and hat in a way....

ccorsair

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the kind words, Gentlemen.

Mystic, I made an offer on the hat like fedoracentric said and the seller accepted. I was very happy that she did.

IT was great deal.. I know some who was watching ti (one of my Steampunk people) they called me crying it sold.. she was shocked you got deal on a offer. I seen one not as old going for more at shows. . Congratulation on great TRue Vintage find and buy.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
IT was great deal.. I know some who was watching ti (one of my Steampunk people) they called me crying it sold.. she was shocked you got deal on a offer. I seen one not as old going for more at shows. . Congratulation on great TRue Vintage find and buy.

Sometimes it's better to risk an offer than wait and see it go.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
very rare hats, and oh so cheap

rare 5x - not a cb, but not modern, I haven't seen many of these.

wide ribbon OR - 2 sizes too small for me, I still thought about bidding $300 just to dignify this one. $150 just made someone's day.

I sense that vic might be all over both of these.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
And here is another one. With all due respect to the seller, as he does have nice hats, but does he really get the price he asks??? They are outrageous to me, but then again I guess a guy has a right to ask whatever he wants. I just hope nobody is foolish enough to pay that much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Roy...8-/271659651326?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

fedoralover

I've noticed many nice hats this seller does have listed...his prices are a bit on the nose bleed high side...but some hats he has are very clean nice hats. There is no way to honestly know, but maybe the pricing is so high due to something personal in their life....you know...in a wheel chair and needs the motor to be fixed...

I can say...if I wanted something listed by that seller, I would have to expect to part with a chunk of my wallet and hope like crazy it does not cause my wallet to declare a mutiny!

very rare hats, and oh so cheap

rare 5x - not a cb, but not modern, I haven't seen many of these.

wide ribbon OR - 2 sizes too small for me, I still thought about bidding $300 just to dignify this one. $150 just made someone's day.

I sense that vic might be all over both of these.

One for two, I think. Great auctions and very low indeed. Let's add these two:

Beautiful Knox Monti

Old velour with some grosgrain disfunction.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82