Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

RBH

Bartender
portolan said:
like it much better. Maybe I will let someone take on the crown at the Mid-South Gathering!

OpenRoad.jpg
Looks great!

Is it very stiff?
I am sure I would love to tackel it!!!

portolan

A-List Customer
I like it a lot this way too. I have so many westerns

that I am very comfortable with a western crown. Besides, Mike is going to have a beaver silverbelly fedora/adventurer waiting for me in Tennessee. This will provide a bit of a contrast to that one. Besides, my wife likes it like it is, so that counts for a lot!

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
gtdean48 said:
Got a notice from PayPal that I am getting a full refund. That only makes me out shipping charges back to this knob-head. Sorry if I bothered any fellow Loungers with this saga but was very theraputic on my end. Now I have funds for another lid!!!...

On the contrary......I almost bid on the re-listing, but stayed my hand....er...mouse-finger....after reading your post. Thanks for the info. ;)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I believe that Stetson had a model called the Zephyr in the 60s - it wasn't just an old weight designation. That pin suggests that this might be the model, rather than the weight.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Where were all the big heads?

It is difficult to hear the rending of garments & gnashing of teeth regarding the lack of lids for fat heads & then watch a beaut like this go for not much more than it did new! It was all I could do not to snap it up & shrink it down to my size.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
I believe that Stetson had a model called the Zephyr in the 60s - it wasn't just an old weight designation. That pin suggests that this might be the model, rather than the weight.

I thought about bidding on it, but then I saw the pin and remembered that I already have a Stetson Zephyr around here somewhere. It's a light brown, if I recall correctly. It came with a puggaree that turned out to be hiding a more traditional ribbon like the one on the subject hat.

Cheers,
Tom

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
Rick, Thanks for noticing

Rick Blaine said:
It is difficult to hear the rending of garments & gnashing of teeth regarding the lack of lids for fat heads & then watch a beaut like this go for not much more than it did new! It was all I could do not to snap it up & shrink it down to my size.

You mean the Bailey "20" Beaver

bailey.jpg

That would be me :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I was waiting to get it before posting. I have never had a Vintage Bailey, so I am just hopefull :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe