Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

cookie

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
I don't like the Baku straws from Borsalino at all. The weave would look better as a boater.
Baku-Snap-Brown-Lge.gif
BO440010LG.gif

Better-woven Baku straws, made in Italy, can be found at:
http://www.shushans.com/fifthpage.html

The Baku Bob Fedora, $140.00
bakubob.jpg

The Regina Baku, $140.00
reginabaku.jpg

Thanks I was looking at that by chance following up the Borsa and old interest. They seem to be the only source of the real McCoy.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It sold again. There are certainly more problems with the hat than could be seen the last time that it sold, but I still think that the sweat alone is worth the price. This time, it's also clear that, if this was an OR styled hat that was cut down, a professional sewed the welt. (View the large photos on the auction for a better view of the welt.)
220594100_tp.jpg

220593530_tp.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:

Did we have a discussion about this one before, and I missed it? Interesting that someone would bother to have the original Mode Edge trimmed off, and then never wear the hat. Makes no sense to me. I know many hat shops offered services in the '60s to give older hats more modern styles, particularly by cutting down the brim, and that seems to be the case here.

Doing a quick Internet search, this fellow Dalsey seems to have lived in Camden, NJ and probably retired in the mid-'50s, based on his age. I don't think Stetson changed the meaning of Mode Edge, though they did resurrect the Selv-Edge name in the next decade. I suppose it's possible that a Mode Edge eventually became an overwelt, but seems unlikely.

I'm so confused...:confused:

Brad

has potential???

The first time this was listed, no one bid, the 2nd time I decided to try it.

1e42_1.JPG

I've been wanting a silver / grey hat ever since I got my "silverbelly" campdraft (see avitar) and it wasn't silver.

my hopes is that it really is grey, as described, and with giveing it a cleaning and then change from the cattleman's crease to a stratroliner style crease.

worse comes to worse, for $20 I'll rake leaves in it :)

once it arrives, I'll post pics.

gtdean48 said:
Too good to be true. This hat is a 6 1/2 if that. Contacted the seller about returning it. Stay tuned...
This Playboy has been relisted by this seller & at least states it is not a 7 1/2. I haven't received my refund from PayPal but at least I know it is returned in good shape since he describes it unworn & mint condition!...

randooch

I'll Lock Up

carter

I'll Lock Up
RobFedoraField said:
The first time this was listed, no one bid, the 2nd time I decided to try it.

1e42_1.JPG

I've been wanting a silver / grey hat ever since I got my "silverbelly" campdraft (see avitar) and it wasn't silver.

my hopes is that it really is grey, as described, and with giveing it a cleaning and then change from the cattleman's crease to a stratroliner style crease.

worse comes to worse, for $20 I'll rake leaves in it :)

once it arrives, I'll post pics.
Looks like a good buy, Rob. I hope it works out and leaves you feeling rakishly handsome. ;) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe