Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Sitting there looking at my winning bid for a nicely hidden golf cap just to find out that I had forgotten to hit the "confirm bid" button. Haven't done that one in while. LOSER!! :eusa_doh:

I used better technique on this Dunlap Wanderer.

Dang I hate when that happens Alan, guilty myself more than I care to admit. Nice recovery on the Dunlap though, looks to be a real nice one and a nice price too. Coming from my neck of the woods so it should be used to the weather already.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
+1! nice ones there.

As for brown-- I think I like it more than grey with my coloring and general choice of wardrobe. In fact, I really love it on a bowler.

To my eye they are two different hats and two different auctions notwithstanding the color differences. As a side note, the seller of the brown hat sometimes has a heavy hand with his stretcher. The rear seam of this hat shows possible evidence of a 7 on it's way to 7 1/8.

It was interesting to have a relatively uncommon hat come up for auction at the same time. Look forward to having another 5$ lightweight that I can add to the comparison thread.

Chowderhouse

One of the Regulars
Grey Wanderer: sells for decent price

Brown Wanderer: no love whatsoever (well one minimum bid that doesn't meet HE's reserve).

I have an educated hunch that these "Wanderer" fedoras were Dunlap's answer to Knox's very popular "Vagabond" hats -- or vice-versa. In any case, the font of the lettering embossed on the Wanderer sweatbands is nearly identical to the distinctive lettering on the early Vagabond sweatbands. Coincidence? Don't bet on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe