Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Mitzi Gaynor at 93.

https://apnews.com/article/mitzi-gaynor-dead-south-pacific-320eb99fe0824091babafac794dc2320

apinglrl4__86486.jpg

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Speaking as a vintage-1975 Deadhead, I always thought of Phil Lesh as the Grateful Dead's unsecret weapon.

His unique contrapuntal and melodic bass was an essential component of the Dead's sound and gonzo creative approach. His classical and experimentalist background (he never touched a bass guitar until Jerry Garcia invited him to join the band) was one of the major threads that pushed the Dead's music into its unique and fascinating directions. He was absolutely unique.

Fare thee well, fare thee well, I love you more than words can tell...

Picture I took of Phil and Mickey Hart at the famous May 8, 1977 Cornell U show:

4BG11677.JPG

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I guess most of us have been expecting this for some time but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

Fare thee well, Phil.

My condolences to all fellow Deadheads everywhere.

It's just a box of rain
or a ribbon for your hair.
Such a long long time to be gone
And a short time to be there.

Last edited:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
BTW, before I left the US this summer, on two different occasions I saw teenagers wearing Dead shirts. I stopped one and asked him about it and he said he loves their music.

Me, too, brother.
Me, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niicorobin246